Sheesham tree is widely used in buildings and furniture. Apart from this, it has many more uses including medicinal benefits. Today our topic is on medicinal benefits of Sheesham tree.
Sheesham is a self-grown plant and found all over India. It looks like a simpler tree but has numerous uses and health properties.
The appearance of Sheesham tree:
Sheesham/Rosewood tree grows up to 100 ft tall. It has thick, brown bark with vertical fissures in it. The new branches are soft and bent, which has 3-5 leaves on a stalk which are alternately arranged.
The plant bears flowers which are yellowish white in color. The pods are long, flat and 2-4 seeds in it. There is another variety of Sheesham too, which has blackish brown wood.
- Sheesham is bitter, pungent and astringent in nature.
- The plant is intrinsically warm and cures swelling and oedema.
- It has also the potential to cause miscarriage.
The chemical composition of Sheesham tree:
From the woods and seeds, an oil is extracted which has numerous medicinal properties. The wood contains an oil and the pods have tannin; the seeds have a stable oil.
The Blackwood, Rosewood
Now, we shall be talking about the medicinal benefits of Sheesham tree. We are sure, after reading its benefits you will love this tree, as a natural medicine itself.
Medicinal benefits of Sheesham tree:
1Aids in Dermatoses
- Mix the mucilage of its leaves in sweet oil.
- Apply this mixture on the bruised damages skin.
- Or, give 50-100 ml decoction of its leaves to the patient, twice a day.
- It cures boils and ulcers effectively.
2Helpful cure in Sciatica
- Take 10 kg powder of its thick bark, and boil it in 23.5-litre water.
- Boil until the water is reduced to 1.8th.
- Strain the solution through a cloth and cook it again, till it gets thick.
- Give 10 gm of this thick liquid with ghee mixed milk, thrice a day.
- Continue the dosage for 21 days. It cures the disorder completely.
3Good in fever
- In any kind of fever, take 20 gm of its extract in 320 ml water and 160 ml milk.
- Boil the solution, until only milk is left.
- Give this to the patient thrice a day.
- Apply the oil of Sheesham on the affected area.
- It helps cure itching, burning sensation and also heals ulcers.
5Normalizes over bleeding in Menstrual cycle
- Take 8-10 Sheesham leaves and grind them with 25 gm sugar.
- Give this to the patient twice a day.
- Within a few days, it normalizes the bleeding.
- In addition, it is also good for leucorrhoea and urinary disorders in males.
- In winters, along with this 4-5 black peppers must also be given to the patient.
- Diabetics can use this without adding sugar.
These were the health benefits and common information about Sheesham tree. So now what’s your view about this tree? Before using and applying any of these therapies, must consult an Ayurvedic physician or herbalist nearby.
Hope you like the post! Share it to all and do not forget to leave a comment here. Take care and live well.
Also Read :
- 10 Medicinal benefits of Drumstick tree which will amaze you
- 15 Health benefits and uses of Banyan tree you don’t know about
- 12 Health benefits of King of Fruits- Mango
- 12 Health benefits of Elephant Foot Yam or Suran vegetable
- Brainy walnut and its medicinal benefits
- 8 Health benefits of Indian Sorrel (Changeri) Herb
- The importance of having plants at work and at home
- Different types of Pulses and their Health benefits
- 6 water caltrop or singhara
VERY HELPFULL INFORMATION
Sony ji it is very helpful and present needed information.
I heard it cures cancer too.
I want it’s leaves for my father in law’s cancer treatment, can you please tell me from where can I get it?
We stay at Mumbai
Useful nformation…kindly tell where n when not to use …i have a self grown sheesham tree on my rooftop garden…is it dangerous to my roof?if yes i want to donate it..kindly help where to.
Yes it is available at all place in india