Table of Contents
Sorrel or Changeri is an Indian herb, with multiple benefits. Today our discussion will be on herb topic, and we will be talking about the description and health benefits of Sorrel.
The appearance of sorrel (Changeri) :
The plant is very short and spreads around. The leaves are 2 1/2 to 10 inch long, and grow on short stems. The leaves grow in group of three. The flowers are yellowish or pinkish in color.
The plant bears fruits which are long, round and hairy. They have multiple dark gray oval seeds with stripes.
Nomenclature of the sorrel (Changeri):
English name- Indian sorrel
Hindi name- Tinpatia
Sanskrit name- Changeri, Amla patrika
Punjabi name- Khatti buti, Khatmittha
Kannada name- Pullu Puluche
Dravidi name- Pudia Rai
Family name- Oxalidaceae
Scientific name- Oxalis corniculata
Where it is found?
It is found all over India in the warm areas and also in the Himalayas, upto the heights of 6000 ft. The plant bears flowers and fruits throughout the year.
Properties sorrel (Changeri):
It is slightly acidic and astringent with warm properties in it. It is beneficial for Asthma and improves potency. It is a rich source of Vitamin C and cures several diseases like swelling, blood disorders, pain, liver problems etc.
Now we shall be talking about the health benefits of Changeri. In many parts of India, it is considered as a weed. Get ready to be surprised of its benefits!
Health benefits of sorrel:
If you are suffering from any of the diseases listed above, then give it a try under the physician’s advice. Share it to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!
Read More :
- Himachal Health tourism – Panchakarma to detoxify the body.
- 5 Medicinal benefits of Sheesham tree you must know about
- How to protect kids from Heat Bubbles and Rashes in Summer
- Why one should swallow tulsi leaves instead of chewing
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits of Holy Basil(Tulsi)- How to Use
- Every Indian should follow divine culture of Yoga
- 10 Medicinal benefits of thorny plant; Prickly poppy
- 5 Indian traditions which are beneficial and scientifically proven
- 12 Health benefits of Asparagus
- 5 Medicinal benefits of Moringa which you must know about