It is the season of mangoes now! When you visit to market, you will find fruit shops flooded with ripe mangoes. Do you know, this king of fruits; Mango has numerous medicinal benefits in it.
In our last post of Mango benefits, we talked about seven benefits and description of Mango fruit. Today we will talk about next 12 health benefits.
Health benefits of Mango fruit:
1. Makes your teeth and gums stronger-
- Take the peel of mango fruit and mango leaves in equal quantities.
- Grind them to form a paste.
- Keep this paste in mouth for sometime or gargle it.
- It makes the teeth and gums stronger.
2. Cure for Hair problems-
- Extract the oil of mango seeds.
- Apply this on hairs and roots, it prevents premature graying of hairs.
- Doing this, also helps in curing problems like dandruff and hair fall.
3. Treats Dry cough-
- Take completely ripe mango, and bake it on fire or by burying in sand.
- Let it cool and suck it slowly.
- This helps in curing dry cough.
4. Quenches Thirst-
- Take the seed’s kernel and prepare its decoction.
- Add 10 gm sugar candy in it and drink.
- It quenches even the severe thirst.
5. Controls Hiccoughs-
- Blend mango leaves and coriander leaves.
- Take 2-4 gm of this mixture, with lukewarm water, twice to thrice a day.
- It controls hiccoughs.
6. Aids in Diarrhoea-
- Take 5.5 gm of kernel of mango seed and cook it in 100 gm of water.
- Mix another 5.5 gm of kernel of mango seed and blend the mixture to form a paste.
- Give this mixture with curd, three times a day.
- During the process of treatment, rice an curd is allowed.
- Or, take equal quantities of kernel of mango seed and mango pulp.
- Mix them well and give 1 gm of this mixture, 2-3 times a day.
- It helps in curing diarrhoea.
- Give mango juice or mango panna, repeatedly to the patient.
- In the early stage of illness, take 20 gm of mango leaves and crush it.
- Form a decoction of it in 1/2 liter of water.
- When the water gets one-fourth, filter and give it to the patient.
- It helps in controlling the illness.
8. Energizes the body-
- Take 11 yellow leaves of mango.
- Boil it in 1 kg of water and 1-2 cardamom in it.
- When water gets half, take it off the fire and add sugar and milk to it.
- Drink this like a regular tea.
- It provides energy to all parts of the body.
- Or, take 5-10 gm of mango flower with milk.
- It helps in energizing body and potency.
9. Treats Summer boils/rashes-
- Apply the pulp of roasted unripe mangoes on the boils.
- It helps boils heal faster.
- It is also beneficial in curing sun tan and strokes.
10. Improves Immunity-
- Every morning, suck sweet mangoes and then drink milk cooked with ginger root powder and dried dates.
- It helps in improving body’s immune system.
11. Heals Spider bite-
- Apply the paste of mango seed or dried mango powder in water, on boils.
- It nullifies the venom and also treats the boils.
12. Treats Colitis-
- Take 50 gm juice of fresh mangoes and mix with 20-25 gm of sweet curd and 1 teaspoon of dry ginger powder.
- Give this mixture, 2-3 times a day.
- Within a few days old as well as chronic colitis gets cured.
So these were the health benefits of everyone’s favorite mango. So now, eat a lot of mangoes and also use its medicinal benefits.
If you too are facing any of such health problems, then must give mango fruit and its plant a try. Share it to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!