Overview of Ginger
Ginger originated in the warmer parts of Asia, such as India, Japan, and China. But now it is grown in many parts of the world to use it as a spice in many cuisines and for medicinal purposes. This is the healthiest spice on earth. It is full of nutrition and used widely in various forms for making traditional and alternative medicines. Ginger is used for digestion, reduce nausea, and helps to fight with flu and the common cold. It has a very unique flavor. It has very powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Ginger is actually an underground stem. Indians have particularly used ginger in their culinary preparation for about long long years. Experts say ginger is a great digestive tonic, which helps in constipation, vomiting, and acidity. This is the most healthiest and delicious spice on the planet.
Uses and Health Benefits of Ginger
- Experts believe that the active components of ginger can help to relieve nausea caused by pregnancy, surgery, or chemotherapy. But yes, you should consult your doctor before using it.
- You can use ginger in fresh, dried, powdered, juice, and oil form.
- It enhances the taste in cooking.
- Helps in upset stomach and helps in digestion.
- It reduces wind, bloating, and cramps.
- For good digestion, you can take some grated ginger, add some lime juice with a pinch of salt and chew it up before your every meal.
- It fights with inflammation. Ginger oil has great anti-inflammatory properties which help in flu, headache, and menstrual pains.
- This is a traditional remedy for cold. Take one-inch ginger, one-inch cinnamon, two-inch of lemongrass. Steep in hot water for 10 to 15 min. strain the mixture. Then add honey into it. It will help you to reduce the cold.
- It can reduce menstrual pain. Intake of ginger powder will help you in menstrual cramp significantly. Or you can take a hot cup of ginger tea to relieve your pain.
- It may lower your cholesterol level. Add this in your daily diet and see the effective result.
- It helps to ease joint pain.
- It may reduce your muscle pain and soreness.
- The active ingredient in ginger can help to fight infections.
- Ginger is extremely beneficial for your hair. It helps to stimulate hair follicles, which helps to promote hair growth and hair loss.
- Ginger can prevent or slow down kidney failure.
- It is helpful to control some types of cancer.
- It helps to balance blood sugar.
- Ginger water may help you to promote weight loss.
Side Effects of consuming ginger
- Although this a healthy and super delicious spice, yet it is not free from side effects. If you consume excess, then you may feel heartburn, gas, burning sense in mouth, stomachache, etc.
- Don’t consume more than 3 to 4 grams of ginger in any form as it can cause harm.
- Those people have gallstones, diabetes, heart problem, before any surgery and also pregnant ladies should consult their doctor before using it as a supplement.
As you know ginger may fight germs, inflammation, illness and it has many such benefits, so taking a little bit every day can support your good health and stronger immunity. Ginger is a natural stem, so drinking ginger water mixing with honey can give you additional benefits to your body by removing bad toxins. It also gives you many other added nutrients and benefits.