Table of Contents
India is known as the land of herbs and plantations. Herbs; are the small plants but has hidden numerous benefits and healing properties in it. In the present era, Herbal remedies are getting flourished all over the world with a turbo speed. This article is about Amazing Health Benefits of Ginger Plant.
Herbal Remedies constitutes medicinal plants and other elements which has medical properties in it. Here we will be talking about ‘ginger’. One must know that this very herb is commonly used in all kinds of Ayurvedic medicines due to its efficacy to cure ailments.
Ginger is a flowering plant is grown all over India. It grows best in fertile and sandy soil and its edible root grows underground. The leaves resemble bamboo leaves which grows 1-1 1/2 ft above the ground. It is indigenous to South China and in the present date India is the largest producer.
Its plant produce clusters of white-pink flower buds that bloom into yellow flowers. Ginger is often used as landscaping around subtropical homes. its roots are called rhizomes which are used when ripe.
It belongs to kingdom ‘Plantae’ and “Zingiberaceae” family.m Its binomial name is. In Hindi it is called Aadi, Adrak and when it dries it is called Saunth. In Telugu language it is also called ‘Salam or Shonthi’.
|Vitamin||A, B, C|
Apart from above table it also contain starch, choline, volatile oil etc.
Uses of Ginger:
- A kind of volatile oil is extracted from fresh ginger which is used in many medical purposes.
- Young ginger rhizomes are often used in pickles or a kind of ingredient in many snacks.
- it is widely used as an ingredient to cook herbal tea or green tea.
- The juice obtained from its roots is often used as a spice in several Indian dishes.
- its powder is commonly used in many dishes of different cuisines.
- it is also used to prepare rum and kinds of wine.
- Candied or crystallized ginger is a type of confectionery itself.
Medicinal properties of ginger:
Due to its warm and aromatic nature; it is used to treat varieties of diseases. It has the potency to cure diseases.
Following are some of the health benefits of ginger plant:
In case of any kind of tooth problems, chew ripe ginger pieces. Let the juice enter to gums and teeth. It will cure toothache.
- Prepare a decoction of equal quantities of Tinospora, atis, ginger root and nut grass.
- Give this to the patient twice a day.
- It cures weakened state of digestive power and cures colitis.
- Take the powder of harad, ginger root and sandhava salt.
- Give this to the patient with water.
- Take light food afterwards till fully recovered.
4Ginger For Anorexia:
- Cook root with pittapapada.
- Give 5-10 gm of it to the patient regularly.
- It enhances the body power; cures thirst and disinterest.
- Overall, it cures all ailments related to indigestion.
5For Loss of Appetite:
- Mix equal quantities of powder of ajowan, rock salt, harad and ginger root.
- Give 500 mg-250 mg of this powder to the patient.
- It cures swelling and also enhances digestive power.
- Give 10-20 gm of juice with same amount of lemon juice mixed in it.
6Ginger For Diarrhoea:
- Give qa decoction of ginger root, flesh of thorn apple, coriander, mochras and netrabala to the patient.
- It cures diarrhoea and fever due to pitta.
- Prepare decoction of 10 gm coriander and 10 gm ginger root.
- Give this to the patient twice a day.
- Give equal amounts of ginger root powder and antidysenterica with rice to the patient.
7For Joint pain:
- Cook 1 kg ginger juice with 500 gm sesame oil.
- Cook till only oil is left.
- Strain the oil and use it to massage the joints.
- It gives relief from joint pains.
8Ginger For Cholera:
- Take 10 gm ginger juice and 10 gm root of swallowwort.
- Grind the two till it forms thick paste which can be used to prepare tablets.
- Prepare black pepper sized tablets from this mixture.
- Give these tablets with lukewarm water to the patient.
- Take equal quantities of ginger juice and basil-leaves juice; mix a little amount of honey to it and give it to the patient twice a day.
9Ginger for Gout:
- Cook 640 gm milk with decoction of shatparni and mix 80 gm sugar candy in it.
- Give this solution to the patient.
- Prepare the decoction of pepal leaves and ginger roots.
- Give 20 ml of this decoction to the patient twice a day.
10For Heart diseases:
- Take a cup of ginger juice, garlic juice, lemon juice and a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Cook all these under a low flame till 1 cup solution is left.
- Now add 2 cups of honey to it and mix well.
- Store it in an air tight container.
- Give 1-1 spoon of this solution to the patient twice a day.
Also Read :
- Coronary Heart disease and its Ayurvedic remedy
- Brined Amla for Health: Loaded with Goodness, rich in taste!
- Soothe your Crying baby with the simple trick of Reflexology
- 12 Medicinal benefits of Acacia Tree or Babool Tree
- 5 Medicinal benefits of Sheesham tree you must know about
- Herbal Remedies to cure Hepatic Disease- Liver Cirrhosis
- 8 Amazing Health benefits of Sorrel (Changeri)
- Nirgundi : 20 Health benefits of Ayurvedic Herb
- Learn How To Fade Acne Scar