What is Water caltrop(water chestnut or singhara or Panifal)
But this fruit “Water caltrop” or singhara is not so attractive but is full of health benefits. It is olive green or magenta in colour. It is also called; water chestnut, singhara, panifal, devil pod and so on. This fruit belongs to the species of floating annual aquatic plants. Mainly this fruit is grown in the damp, marshy water bodies.
Water caltrop or singahra benefits are listed
1Prevents goitre and thyroid problems
As we know thyroid ailments such as goitre occurs due to lack of iodine. Water caltrop is rich in minerals like iodine, manganese, potassium and so on. Intake of this fruit in ample amount make your thyroid health fit and the level of mineral salts become stable
2Full of nutrition
Water caltrop(singhara) is rich in macro as well micronutrients. Protein, Vitamin B, C, Iron, Carbohydrates, Calcium, Phosphorus, Riboflavin, Magnesium and minerals are abundantly found in it. For senescence and adult age groups, this fruit is very necessary diet. This fruit is also rich in many medicinal properties that prevent many ailments such as; sugar, cardiac disorders, ulcers, arthritis and many more.
This fruit is also used in medical application. Intake of freshwater chestnut as fruit and its grind powder both are the remedy for tonsils. As we discussed earlier, water caltrop contains iodine that makes our throat water and detoxifies it.
4Remedy for cracked heels and lips
When our body suffers from dehydration our sensitive skin like lips, heels gets rough and cracked. There is also another reason for cracked skin that is lack of manganese in our body. Regular intake of water caltrop fulfils the need for manganese and its optimum water content keeps our body hydrated.
Those ladies who suffer from cervix weakness and excessive secretion of bile should consume this fruit on a regular basis. It is really a matter of concern; because of their weakness, the womb is not able to hold a new life. And gradually, miscarriages occur. Water caltrop is a simple fruit but is the remedy for dangerous ailments. This fruit helps the follicle tissues to get stronger and is a nutritious placenta for the baby. Not only this, water caltrop should be regularly consumed by pregnant females, as the baby becomes strong and beautiful.
6Good source of energy
Water caltrop(singhara) contains the optimum amount of dietary fibres in it. It is also rich in carbohydrates and calories. This fruit activates your energy cells and helps them to synthesize the food materials. Finally, providing us an adequate amount of energy.
So guys, now we know the Water caltrop or singahra benefits. It is a simple but very effective fruit. But beware; its excessive intake is not good.
1. A healthy person can eat 10- 15 gm of singhara daily.
2. Do not eat “singhara” in excess as it may cause stomach pain.
3. Do not drink water after eating singhara at least for 10-20 minutes.
4. If you are suffering from constipation, water caltrop or singhara must be avoided as it increases your disorder.
So, be healthy and live your life happily.
Read More :
- 4 Foods You Should Add To Diet When Experiencing Thyroid Problems
- Top 10 Health Benefits of Pomegranates-Live Healthy
- 5 Amazing health benefits of Lychee you must know about
- Brined Amla for Health: Loaded with Goodness, rich in taste!
- Berries for Your Health – Add a Little More Fruit to Your Diet
- 5 Health Benefits of Dragon Fruit which is incredible!
- Health Benefits of Flaxseed and its Uses
- Different types of Pulses and their Health benefits