Cluster fig or Gular is one of the widely known plant. According to Atharveda, gular is one of the medicines which promotes physical strength. Today we will be telling you the medicinal benefits of Gular plant.
In many parts of India, this plant is common. But its health benefits are far more than that!
Appearance of (Cluster fig) Gular plant
The stem is long, thick and slightly twisted . The branches do not spread horizontally but grow vertically upwards. The bark is reddish-brown in color. The leaves are 3-4 inch long, oblong and contain 3 veins.
The fruits are 1-2 inch in diameter and are typically round in shape. They grow in bunches on leafless branches. The plant bears fruits throughout the year and hence is known as ‘sadaphal’. When any part of tree is slit, white milk oozes out which turns yellow after sometimes.
Where are the Cluster fig plants found
The trees are found both in cultivated and in wild forms, at heights of 6000 ft. Its trees are more commonly found in forests and near rivers.
It contains tannin, wax and rubber. The ash contains silica and phosphoric acid.
It is said that mixture of powder of its fruits and paste of vidari kand when taken with milk, even an old person turns young. The ripe fruits are expectorant, improves the interest in food, cold and burning sensation.
Its milk is cooling, is binding in nature, promotes physical strength and treats odema.
Cluster fig and Country fig
Udumbar or Jantuphal or Yagyang
Jambhej and Tonul Ahmak
Now, we shall be discussing about the Health benefits of Cluster fig. You will really be amazed of the benefits!
Health benefits of Cluster fig/Gular
1. Treatment for Mouth disorders:
- Give 250 gm decoction of gular’s bark with 3 gm catechu and 1 gm phitkari mixed in it.
- Let the patient use this for gargles.
- It is a very effective treatment for any kind of mouth problems.
2. Aids in Swelling of ears:
- Apply the paste of its gum on the ears.
- It cures the swelling.
- It can also be used to cure the swelling of other muscles, due to inflammation.
3. Treats Chicken pox:
- Cluster fig/Gular leaves have small dark colored eruptions on them.
- Pluck those eruptions and grind 3-4 gm in milk.
- Strain the milk and give this to the patient, with honey mixed in it.
- Give this twice a day.
- It prevents the development of pus in the boils and treats as well.
4. Good for Multi-nodular tuberculosis:
- Grind the eruptions with sweet curd and honey mixed in it.
- Give this to the patient once daily.
5. Cures Sinus:
- Dip a piece of cotton in its milk an place it on the sinus.
- Change the cotton everyday.
- Within a few days, it cures sinus.
6. Treats Stomach pain:
- Give the fruits of country fig to eat.
- It cures stomach pain effectively.
7. Cures White Leucorrhoea:
- Give 5-10 ml of its juice, with sugar candy to the patient.
- Give this twice a day.
- It cures Leucorrhoea.
8. Protects Fetus from Abortion:
- Give milk, infused with the fruits of gular with meals.
- It promotes the growth of fetus and protects from abortion.
9. Aids in Metrorrhagia:
- Grind 10-15 gm of its fresh bark and cook it in 250 ml water, till gets reduced to half.
- Strain the solution and add sugar candy and 1.5 gm white cumin seed powder.
- Give this to the patient twice a day.
- You can also give its fruits mixed in the curd.
10. For Pitta kind of disorders:
- Grind the leaves of Cluster fig/Gular and give the paste with honey to the patient.
- It cures all types of Pitta disorders.
11. Treats Bronchitis and Bronchial Asthma:
- Make squash of its fruits.
- Give this to the patient regularly, especially in summers.
- It treats bronchitis and bronchial asthma.
12. Helpful cure in Urinary disorders:
- In case of yellow urination, take the dried peel of its fruits and grind them into a fine powder.
- Mix equal amount of sugar candy in it.
- Give 6-6 gm of this powder with cow’s milk to the patient, twice a day.
These were the health benefits of Cluster fig/Gular. So what do you think now, is it a miraculous plant or not! If you are suffering from any of the disorders listed above, then must give this a try.
Share your experience with us and share the article to all. Take care and live well!
what is the significance of leaf of ficus racemosa
is usefull for cow metritis problem