Hey all! Today we are with a very nice article on the benefits of ‘apricot fruit’. It is known by very fewer people, so the benefits are still an unknown thing. Let us see some of the health benefits of apricot fruit.
What is Apricot fruit?
Apricot is a kind of fleshy fruit that belongs to kingdom Plantae and Rosaceae family. Its scientific name is “Prunus Armeniaca” which is Latin in origin.
Appearance of Apricot fruit:
It is a kind of flowing fruit that bears white colored flowers afterwards delight fruit. After getting ripen; the fruit turns sunrise yellow with a glaze of orange in it. This fruit has a very supple and gorgeous texture with a yummy taste.
Where it is found?
The taste of apricot is just opposite to its look; it has a sweet-tart flavor with a semi- hard enclosure outside it. It is not juicy at all. It has dense pulp inside.
Sandy soil or red soil is best suited for the Apricot cultivation. Turkey, Iran, Italy, Syria are some of the major producers of apricots.
Nutrition in Apricot:
Each apricot contains approx 100calories in it. Apricot fruit is rich in antioxidants, beta-carotene, flavonoids, Vitamin A, C, K, B12, B6, phosphorus, manganese, iron, copper, potassium, sodium, calcium, dietary fibers and folate; that make it highly nutritious and rich in health benefits.
How it can be used?
Apricot can be consumed through several ways; it can be eaten raw as well as in dried form. Apricots are also used to prepare beauty products, flavoring agents, pies and many more.
Due to its tart and sour taste it is also used in preservative elements. The outer look of apricot is similar as peach. Apricot fruit is rich in benefits. It is a fruit that is available mostly during summers.
Now we shall be moving to the concerned point, which is benefits of Apricot.
Health benefits of Apricot fruit:
- Firmly, apricots are used to extract oil. This oil contains gamma-linolenic acid that helps to keep your posture fit and good-looking. The regular usage of apricot oil tones your body giving a smarter look.
- Apricot is also used to prepare exfoliating scrub. The outer shell and the pulp are dried to prepare fine exfoliating particles. It is a very good natural therapy for a radiant and soft skin.
- Apricot fruit contains anti-inflammatory properties that heal many dermal problems like scars, pimples, dermatitis, eczema and many more.
- Apricot is also used to prepare hair conditioners. Its weekly massage makes your hair and scalp shinier and strong.
- Regular consumption of apricots gifts you a healthier eye sight and cures all kinds of eye problems. It is very helpful to cure macular degeneration and strengthens the optic nerve.
- The antioxidants and beta-carotene present in apricot is helpful to fight free radicals. 6-8 apricots a day enhance your immunity also preventing respiratory cancers.
- Apricots are rich in electrolytes and dietary fibers thus help to avoid dehydration and keep your skin healthier and radiant.
Amount of Apricots to be taken:
Fruits are always beneficial and good for health; only if they are eaten in limit. Excessive intake of apricots can make you feverish with low blood pressure. For kids 5-6 apricots a day is maximum and for adults 6-8 apricots are good.
Hope you like the post. Share it to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!
Read More :
- You can Meditate While Cycling
- Himachal Health tourism – Panchakarma to detoxify the body.
- Top 10 inexpensive and healthy food to stay fit
- Natural Remedies For Anxiety (Herbal)
- 5 Amazing health benefits of Lychee you must know about
- 4 Refreshing Diabetic Drinks to quench Thirst and Dryness
- How to apply Eyeshadow for Trendy and beautiful eyes
- Prepare your own Hair Serum for silky smooth Hair
- Are you taking Methi correctly to fight diabetes?
- 5 Health benefits of Cheese which should be known to all
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.