Table of Contents
The term ‘Yoga’ is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘yug‘ which means ‘to join’.It signifies the relation between; the individual soul and the universal soul. Basically, human evolution takes place on three different planes, namely physical, mental and spiritual. Yoga is a means of attaining perfect health by maintaining harmony and achieving optimum functioning on all three levels through complete self-control.
Here we will be talking about one of the very fine exercise which mainly deals to cure lung disorders such as Asthma, bronchitis and other. Well, it has many more benefits too which we will be describing below
What is Matsyasana?
Matsyasana is a yogasana which is made from two Sanskrit words ‘Matsya‘ which means ‘a fish’ and ‘asana‘ which means ‘pose or posture’. Matsyasana or the fish Pose can be used to float on water in the final pose like a fish; as it even looks same as one of the swimming pose. It gives a good stretch to your neck and back regions.
Now, lets discuss the steps of Matsyasana. It is mandatory and should be practised gently. There are many who at the first time only; perform with a high-rise which actually raises and increases the problem.
Steps for Matsyasana:-
- Sit in Padmasana pose.
- Bend backwards and lie flat on your back without raising your knees.
- Press your palms beneath the shoulder.
- Push the hip backwards thus making a bridge-like arch with the spine.
- Then making hooks of your forefingers, grasp your toes without crossing your arms.
- Maintain this pose and breath rhythmically and comfortably.
- Hold the position for 15-20 seconds as much as can.
Note: Make sure that you don’t exert pressure or overstrain. It can even damage the case and can be harmful.
Benefits of Matsyasana:-
- It is beneficial for the treatment of constipation and diarrhoea.
- As per a traditional text says, that Matsyasana is the destroyer of all diseases.
- It improves posture and makes your body flexible and attractive.
- It stretches and stimulates the muscles of the belly and front of the neck.
- It tones the parathyroids, pituitary and pineal glands.
- It provides relief from respiratory disorders by encouraging deep breathing.
- It makes your skin glow naturally.
Those suffering from following disorders should not perform this;
- High or low blood pressure
- Serious low-back or neck injury
How to perform Matsyasana (Fish pose)
So, in this way we saw the description of Matsyasana yoga pose. It is a very good asana and very beneficial. Take care and live well!