User Rating ( votes)
What is Diabetes & why it is?
- Increase in the levels of blood glucose or high blood sugar leads to Diabetes. Glucose comes from the foods you eat. Diabetes is a disorder of carbohydrate metabolism, normally occurring in hereditarily predisposed individuals, characterized by unsatisfactory production or utilization of insulin and results in excessive glucose present in blood and urine.
- Symptoms like excessive thirst, too much of weight loss, and in some cases progressive destruction of small blood vessels lead to many complications like infections and gangrene of the limbs, blindness, memory loss, kidney diseases etc.
According to Ayurveda
- In Ayurveda, accumulation of (AMA) or toxins is regarded as the main cause of sickness. Ayurveda is a multi-pronged method to wellness- treatment of disease with herbs, detoxification of the body with herbs, and strengthening the body with a change in diet and lifestyle.
Herbs to Lower blood sugar level
- Karvellaka (Momordica charantia) – Bitter guard extract is very useful with amazing and effective results to lower down the blood glucose. The diabetic person can take karela or called bitter melon in the form of juice/ vegetable because it is always healthy.
- Methika (Trigonella foenum) – Known as Fenugreek a semi-arid cultivated crop. A commonly used spice for its flavor and rich aroma. At the time of digestion, Amino acids present in Methi reduces the rate of sugar absorption and helps in making insulin by acting upon pancreatic cells.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica ) – Neem has its valuable medical properties and health benefits which lower downs the blood sugar level. Neem makes an excellent ingredient for diabetes herbal formulations.
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) – Basil or commonly known as Tulsi is an excellent antioxidant which lowers the blood glucose level by increasing the insulin sensitivity. Tulsi leaves are also known to have hypoglycemic properties. They lower blood sugar levels and helps prevent the complications of diabetes.
- Kumari (Aloe vera) – Aloe Vera purifies our body and controls the blood sugar level which avoids diabetes when taken every morning in empty stomach. The hypoglycemic ability of Aloe Vera can turn out to be equally beneficial for patients of both IDDM (insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus) and NIDDM (non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus).
- Daru Haldi (Berberis aristata ) – It is oldest and famous ayurvedic herb since the times of Vedas. Powder from ground roots of the herbs pumps more insulin in the body and acts as a channel opener and controls the blood sugar level.
- Jambul (Syzygium cumini ) – Jamun is the fruit which is a good source of iron and helpful in heart and liver problem. The seeds of jamun make an effective medicine against diabetes and its powder is widely used to control diabetes.
Do’s & Don’ts FOR High Blood Sugar Level (DIABETES)
The healthy diet and routine life avoid illness.
Carbohydrates are the main reason for blood sugar levels. So the percentage and the quantity taken should be checked. There are many carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, which are important in the routine diet.
- Diabetic patients should take the balanced meal. A meal should be a combination of starches, fruits, vegetables, proteins, and fats.
- The balance between the meals and medications: Balance in diet and medications can avoid severe complications. If a person intakes less food in ratio to its medications or insulin, it can lead to the low blood sugar and vice versa. So the schedules of meals have to be planned in such way that the accurate balance between diet and medication is maintained.
Avoid sugary beverages:
- Fructose corn syrup or sucrose, leads to high calories and blood sugar. It has more calories in comparison to nutrition, which is risky to the diabetic patients as it increases blood sugar.
Physical Workout or Exercise
- Physical activity or exercise controls Diabetes. Regular exercise helps by lowering of cholesterol, detoxification of body, fat reduction, and reduces the risk of heart problems<
- Exercise should be planned and designed by expert or physician according to the age and requirement.
- Knowledge about sugar level: The person should know about his/ her sugar level before exercising, for this the person should talk to the doctor about appropriate blood sugar levels to start the exercise schedule.
Monitoring of blood sugar level:
- Checking and monitoring of blood sugar level before and after every exercise is mandatory as it lows the blood sugar level. A diabetic person should be aware of the symptoms of low/ high blood sugar such as weakness, dizziness, and hungry at short intervals, tiredness, irritable and anxious.
- While exercising there is water loss in the form of sweat. So it is recommended for diabetes patients to drink plenty of water or can take other fluids during exercising because dehydration can show adverse effects on blood sugar levels.
Also Read :
- Why Cartilage is Important in the Skeletal System (and Natural Ways to Protect It)
- Easy Ways to Lower Blood Sugar Levels Naturally – Top 5 Home Remedies
- Diet and Natural Remedies to control Diabetes
- Walking After Meals Helps Diabetes Patients Reduce Insulin Intake and Avoid Weight Gain
- Blood Circulation: Why it Matters and How You Can Improve Yours
- How to keep your Blood Sugar balanced with Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 Health benefits of Chirata Herb for Blood sugar and other
- 5 Proven Herbs to Treat Diabetes at Home
- 3 Wonderful Herbal Remedies for Diabetic Neuropathy
- Are you taking Methi correctly to fight diabetes?