Chirata is the herb, which you can say as the bitterest substance in the world! Hence, it is enriched with health benefits, which are just incredible. Today we will be talking about the Health benefits of Chirata herb.
Introduction to Chirata herb:
Chirata is an herb, which is found almost everywhere. In damp forests, places which receives high moisture and humidity. It is found in two varieties, one which bear white flowers and another which bears blue flowers.
It tastes very bitter, even more than any bitterest thing you know!
|Botanical name||Swertia perennis|
Importance in Ayurveda:
In Ayurveda, Chirata herb is said to balance the tridoshas. It is pungent, hot, bitter and astringent in nature. It is used in many medicine preparation.
The whole plant is used to prepare medicine, in the form of dried herb or powder.
Now we shall be talking about the health benefits of Chirata herb. You will be really amazed of its benefits. The benefits of Chirata is really incredible, it is used in almost all the diseases.
Chirata Health benefits:
1. Good for Diabetes/Blood sugar-
Chirata herb is widely used to lower Blood sugar. The bitter taste of the herb, is very beneficial in blood sugar disorders. Chirata stimulates insulin production in pancreatic cells thus lowering blood sugar naturally.
2. Enhance Immunity-
Chirata herb is very good to enhance your body’s immunity. It removes all the toxins from the body, thus keeping your body clear and fresh. It can be taken by all age groups, even by the kids.
3. Treatment for Skin disorders-
If you casually suffer from skin diseases like itching, boils, wounds and other seasonal diseases, then chirata will be your best friend. Make a decoction of it, or soak in water for overnight. Drinking it next morning is very good for skin problems.
It can also be externally applied on the wounds, it fastens the recovery.
4. Good for Liver problems-
5. Constipation healer-
If you are suffering from any sort of digestive disorders, like constipation, indigestion, acidity etc then you must go for Chirata. If you are suffering from chronic disorder then, include this as your daily medication or as prescribed by the physician.
Side effects of Chirata:
- Chirata lowers the blood sugar, so it should be taken with the right prescription.
- For pregnant woman, it should be given under the consultation of doctor.
- It may induce vomiting, due to its bitter taste.
- It should be avoided by lactating mothers.
In this way we saw the benefits and other information about Chirata herb. If you are also ailing with any such health disorders, then must give it a try.
Share the post to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!
Also Read :
- 5 Proven Herbs to Treat Diabetes at Home
- Berries for Your Health – Add a Little More Fruit to Your Diet
- Easy Ways to Lower Blood Sugar Levels Naturally – Top 5 Home Remedies
- How to protect kids from Heat Bubbles and Rashes in Summer
- Are you taking Methi correctly to fight diabetes?
- 5 Amazing Health Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
- Best Exercises For Arthritic Knees