Nuts and seeds holds a major part of our diet. These are used in different forms, and are highly nutritious. Today our topic is on groundnut which is also known as ‘peanut‘.
Introduction to Groundnut:
The groundnut belongs to the pea and bean family, and is a legume plant. The plant is a variable annual herb, which grows upto 50 cm in height. The botanical name is Arachis hypogaea.
It is also called Mungphali, peanut, monkeynut, ground pea and many more.
How the plant develops fruit?
The flowers of the plant, develop a stalk which enters into the soil. It forms a pod containing generally two seeds. They become mature in about two months, signing as the leaves turning yellow.
The plant is then removed from the earth and allowed to dry. After three to six weeks, they are separated from the plant.
Where it is found?
India is the leading producer of peanuts, which produces about 40 per cent of peanuts all over the world. It is native to South America, where it has been cultivated for several centuries.
Nutrients in Groundnut:
- Vitamin B, E and many more
- Also, read : 5 Health benefits of Pigeon Pea Lentils everyone must know
We eat groundnut in many forms; boiled, fried, baked, chutney, sauce and may more. Do you know this simple edible, holds a vast range of health benefits in it. Let’s have a look on it.
Health benefits of Groundnut:
1. Healthy food for Obesity–
Groundnuts are considered beneficial for the treatment of obesity. Researches and experiments have shown that the regular and limit intake of boiled or roasted peanuts, on daily basis reduces weight and also reduces appetite.
2. Valuable in Diabetes–
A diabetic patient, must add a handful of groundnuts in their daily diet. This will prevent malnutrition and also checks the development of vascular complications.
In simple words, it keeps your body fit enough so you do not suffer from any other diabetic complications, such as eyesight problems, weakness and other.
3. As a beauty aid-
If you want a healthier and beautiful skin, then you must consider about groundnuts in your diet. One can also apply pure groundnut oil, mixed with lime juice on skin for bright and radiant skin.
4. Treats Oral disorders-
Chewing fresh groundnuts with a pinch of salt strengthens the gum and teeth as well. It also cures stomatitis, kills harmful bacteria and safeguards the enamel of the teeth.
5. Groundnut oil for multiple disorders-
The Groundnut oil is an excellent mild laxative. It is highly nutritious and contains lots of nutrients in it. It is very good for weight loss and also checks for a healthy weight.
Those who eat groundnut oil daily, are always fit and healthy.
In this way we saw the health benefits of Groundnut or Peanut. It is a very healthy nut, which is very nutritious.
Hope you like the article. Share it to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!
Read More :
- Asthma Treatment – Top 7 Home Remedies for Asthma
- Natural Remedies For Anxiety (Herbal)
- Health Benefits of Downward Facing Dog pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana) to strengthen whole body
- Why one should swallow tulsi leaves instead of chewing
- 5 Medicinal benefits of Sheesham tree you must know about
- 4 Refreshing Diabetic Drinks to quench Thirst and Dryness
- 6 Everyday Foods That Boost the Immune System
- 5 Important Health To-Dos for Pregnant Women
- Best Exercises For Arthritic Knees
- Prepare Homemade Lip Balm for soft and pink lips