You wish to live a healthy, happy, and successful life. Right? You’ll have to take proper care of your body. If it’s in excellent condition, achieving your goals will be easier. If it isn’t, diseases and other health issues will affect your daily activities. That’s exactly why many choose to detox body on a regular basis.
What is detox?
Detox is a physiological cleansing of toxins from the body done by following a special diet.
It’s true that the human body can detoxify itself. The skin eliminates toxins through sweating. Lungs get rid of carbon dioxide. Kidneys filter blood and flush out toxins through urination. The liver filters harmful substances. All these natural cleansing processes sustain a healthy life.
But if you are constantly consuming fat- or carb-loaded food, the body’s natural detox system may not be able to flush out all the waste. You need to use specialized detox diets to ensure thorough cleansing. Fortunately, there are simple and easy ways to detox.
Basic detox diet
These can be done individually or simultaneously – and it’s recommended that you do all of them, if possible.
Drinking a glass of warm water with freshly-squeezed lemon in the morning prompts the liver to produce more enzymes that aid digestion and helps in the elimination of waste. The vitamin C in lemon protects the body against free radicals and strengthens the immune system. Lemon also supplies your body with important electrolytes such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
- Go for the organic food
Eating organic produce and dairy products help in the detox process and reduce the number of toxins that enter your body. Consume whole foods such as beans, legumes, grains, seeds, and nuts because they’re loaded with essential nutrients. Avoid processed and instant food which are high in sodium, fat, and carbs.
- Eat your veggies
Sulfur-rich vegetables like garlic, onion, and cruciferous types (broccoli, collard greens, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts) can effectively reduce chronic inflammation which is closely associated to cancer, heart diseases, and diabetes. These veggies will supply you with antioxidants that inhibit free radicals and fight toxins.
Tea detox or teatox is a gentler approach to detoxification. Basic green and black teas contain high amounts of antioxidants that boost the body’s natural cleansing capacity. Detox teas containing herbs like milk thistle, ginger, lemongrass, and dandelion enhance liver function.
- Milk thistle stimulates the repair of liver tissues; strengthens cell walls; blocks the attack of free radicals, and triggers the release of enzymes that neutralize harmful toxins.
- Ginger alleviates oxidative stress in the liver and boosts its cleansing capacity.
- Lemongrass has diuretic, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties that assist in detoxifying the kidneys, digestive tract, pancreas, and bladder. It improves liver function as well.
- Dandelion cleanses the liver, maintains proper bile flow in the digestive system, increases urine production, and helps in achieving a healthy bowel movement.
- Cut down sugar intake
Decrease the amount of sugar you consume including that from honey and molasses. Sugar stimulates insulin production, which in turn strains the pancreas, increases the risk of getting diabetes and cancer, makes you chronically tired, and contributes to obesity problems.
Other ways to detox
When you exercise, you sweat out a lot and release toxins from your body. Studies reveal that sweat contains trace amounts of lead, arsenic, mercury, and cadmium.
Seated spinal twist and other twisting yoga pose assist the body’s detox process by stimulating both excretion and digestion.
Meditation helps in clearing a troubled mind. It reduces stress which can be toxic. And it’s true that stress results to greater disease susceptibility – some diseases are even triggered by it.
Houseplants serve as cheap yet effective air purifiers. They filter the air you breathe and remove the perils that smoke, fumes, mold, pet dander, mildew, and microbes bring. If you can afford an air purification device, then, by all means, invest in one.
Oil massage and skin brushing both help eliminate toxins and stimulate proper blood circulation. Exfoliation also boosts cellular renewal and enhances vitality. Use a soft-bristled brush to slough off old cells and unclog pores.
A body that’s clean internally and externally is, without a doubt, healthy. Keep the habit of doing detox regularly to achieve and sustain optimum health. if you have any question, please reply in the comment. Live a healthy life.
Also Read :
- Health Indicators to Help You Track Your Weight Loss
- Why A Healthy BMI Might Not Mean A Healthy Weight
- 5 Big Health benefits of little Noni fruit
- How to get rid of Hernia – Brief overview
- Diet Chart for Jaundice Recovery Naturally
- Top 5 Detox drink for rapid weight loss
- 5 Top Simple Yoga Poses To Reduce Extra Back Fat
- The importance of having plants at work and at home
- 10 easy tips to lead a healthy life
- 5 Important Health To-Dos for Pregnant Women