Table of Contents
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sac growth that develop within or on the surface of one or both ovaries in a woman’s. Generally ovarian cysts are not harmful and goes away on their own, but at times ovarian cysts can become so big that it may get ruptured, or may cause damage to the ovary. Ovarian cysts are mostly common in women of childbearing years, but can seldom develop in postmenopausal women.So many natural remedies are available for managing ovarian cysts which is supportive both in benign and malignant cases along with other medicines. Nature has provided us with unique herbs that work better enough to prevent and manage ovarian cysts naturally.
1. Kachnar (Bauhinia Variegata) Bark:
- Kachnar is herb with amazing useful therapeutic properties for Ovarian Cyst. This herb contains phytochemical compounds like alkaloid, tannins, and ascorbic acids which help to dissipate the cysts naturally.
2. Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis):
- Amalaki consists of phytochemicals like Tannins, saponins, glycosides, sterols and alkaloids, which provide antioxidant, anticancer and anti-inflammatory effects in Ovarian Cyst.
3. Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula)
- This herb has useful therapeutic effects in ovarian cysts. It provide relief from the symptoms such as bloating, painful bowel movements, nausea, vomiting, and pain during sex. It’s Phytochemicals like flavonoid, terpenois and alkaloids are effective in reducing the size of cysts.
4. Bibhitaki (Terminalia Bellerica)
- This herb is also very helpful in regulating the balance of female hormones and maintain the menstrual cycles, thereby quiet effective to resolve and prevent the ovarian cysts.
5. Sonth (Zingiber Officinale)
- Sonth is efficient enough in counteracting the cysts problem in women and also provides the relief from symptoms like bloating, painful conditions and other associated symptoms of ovarian cysts
6. Lodhra (Symplocos Racemosa)
- Lodhra is a potent herb for the treatment of ovarian cysts. This herb supports the good female reproductive health. It also helps to provide the relief in the symptoms like bloating, painful bowel movements, nausea, vomiting, and pain during sex which is associated with ovarian cysts.
7. Ashok (Saraca Indica)
- This herb consists of anti-inflammatory properties and relieves the symptoms of pain associated with ovarian cysts and even helpful in reducing the size of cysts therefore this herb is relatively effective for the treatment and to prevent ovarian cysts.
8. Pippali (Piper Longum)
- Pippali is beneficial to prevent ovarian cysts as it brings reduction in pain and is also useful in managing infertility. It increases digestive fire, thus eliminating excess of kapha responsible for ovarian cyst.
- Modifying the diet brings ultimate results in the formation of ovarian cysts. Make daily diet comprising more fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains and have less meat and cheese products in meals to prevent the occurrence of ovarian cysts.
Things which are useful to eat and avoid in Ovarian Cyst are like:
- Consume – Green Leafy Vegetables, Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, and Eggplant, Cauliflower, Pumpkin etc.
- Avoid: – Vegetables (Over cooked and baked)
- Consume – Lime, Strawberries, Apricot, Cantaloupe, Guava, Pear, Papaya Oranges, Watermelon, Blueberries, Apples, Kiwifruit, and Handful of Nuts.
- Consume – Beans, Lentils, Barley and Oats.
- Avoid – Refined flour( maida) and White Rice.
- Consume – Low-Fat Fish, Cold Water Fish Salmon, Anchovies, Tuna and Mackerel.
- Avoid – Red Meat and Dark Meat Poultry
- Consume – Ginger, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Fennel and Garlic
- Consume – Dandelion Tea, Flax seeds, Cow’s Ghee, Hemp Seeds, Cashew Nuts Water (8-10 Glasses), Almonds, Coconut Water, Barley Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Wheat Grass Juice, Almond Oil, Fish Oil, Low fat milk and Honey
- Avoid – Alcohol, caffeine products (coffee, chocolate), Sugar, Yogurt, Cheese, Cakes, White Bread, Processed snacks, Brown Bread, Frozen Food and Cookies.
There are various natural remedies that are helpful in relieving symptoms and can even shrink the size of the cysts. These include:
- Heat is pretty effective in minimizing muscle cramps or pain caused in abdomen due to ovarian cysts.
- For this place heating pad or hot water bottle) directly on lower abdomen or pelvic area (whichever is in more pain) on your abdomen and lower pelvic area and hold it there for at least 15 minutes to get the full relief.
- Drinking Chamomile Tea helps to lessen some of the pain and discomfort associated with ovarian cysts.
- In a cup of hot water mix two teaspoons of dried chamomile and cover and steep for five minutes. Then drain it and add a teaspoon of honey and drink a cups of chamomile tea 2-3 times daily till the problem get resolved.
Honey and Black Pepper
- In a glass of Luke warm water, add a bit of black pepper along with 1 tsp. of honey. Take this drink each morning, if possible, empty stomach. Much beneficial in dissolving and preventing all kinds of ovarian cyst.
- Use Castor Oil Pack, Castor oil is extremely potent remedy which stimulates blood circulation.
- Dip a cloth in castor oil and place it over the affected area provide relief from Ovarian Cyst.
- Mix freshly extracted beetroot juice and a tablespoon each of Aloe Vera gel and blackstrap molasses together and drink this once every day before having breakfast. This combination is exceedingly effective in relieving the cramps caused by the ovarian cysts.
Also, Read :