Tulsi leaves and bad for health! What a joke. Many of you must not be believing it. We are not telling that tulsi leaves are bad for health, but chewing it can be bad for your health. Let’s try to understand why one should swallow tulsi leaves instead of chewing it.
Tulsi is one of the nature’s best antibiotics, liable to treat a large number of diseases. In Ayurveda, it has the utmost importance and is used in several medicine preparations.
The plant of Tulsi can be found everywhere, at your kitchen gardens, backwards, flower pots, in or outside temples and many more. In Hinduism, it is regarded as one of sacred plant and worshipped as Goddess.
It is said, those who take 1-2 Tulsi leaves daily in an empty stomach, achieves longevity and stays young and healthy always. But do you know, it’s better to swallow Tulsi leaves instead of chewing it.
Many of you must be guessing it why? It has a very prominent and scientific reason behind it. Let’s check out what it is.
Why one should swallow tulsi leaves instead of chewing it?
- It is said, Tulsi is the wife of Lord Vishnu. It is full of health benefits, but chewing it makes a kind of disrespect which is not good from the view of religious activists.
- Tulsi leaves contain maximum quantity of mercury in it. Well, it doesn’t do much harm, but if you are habituated of chewing Tulsi daily then it may have bad effects on your teeth.
- Tulsi contain some amount of harmful acid in it. It reacts with our mouth and can even results to problem like tooth decay, teeth discoloration etc.
- Researchers have also found, Tulsi leaves too contain some amount of iron in it. Regular chewing of Iron can hurt your teeth and can also make it look fade.
So, taking Tulsi leaves in raw form can rather hurt your health instead of benefitting it. You can better take it in powder or juice form.
If you were also chewing Tulsi leaves, then swallow Tulsi leaves.
Hope you like the post. Share it to all and do not forget to share your comment below. Take care and live well!
Read More :
- 6 Everyday Foods That Boost the Immune System
- Best Home Remedies for Toothache
- Are you taking Methi correctly to fight diabetes?
- Take pledge for better Oral Health this Diwali
- 5 Reasons why one should not use Aluminium vessels in cooking
- 5 Medicinal benefits of Sheesham tree you must know about
- 5 Important Health To-Dos for Pregnant Women
- 4 Refreshing Diabetic Drinks to quench Thirst and Dryness
- An overview towards shilajit properties and purity
- How to keep away flies and flying insects from your house
Interesting,minute change in intake mode makes the goodness of health.
thanks , i some time chew thulsi leaves
So now start swallowing Tulsi leaves. You can also take it in the form of powder, decoction or as an ingredient in herbal tea.
Thank you Shalini your information is helpful, i used to boil tulsi and give to my son, and was told it was not good as it brings down his male functioning.