Simhasana is also known as Lion pose. Lion is known as the king of all the animals. This very asana is very beneficial as the importance of Lion in a forest. There are many people who suffer from a stuttering voice commonly called ‘stammering’. Here, is a yogasana which will aid in your stammering. It is Yogasana to treat Stuttering voice- Simhasana.
Let us first discuss what is called stuttering voice, so that it will be much convenient for you to read the article.
What is Stuttering voice?
You might have seen many people talking in a broken manner, their words will be irregular and will have lots of space between them. It is also called “Stammering”. Many times it becomes so much, that it becomes a social stigma. The people around you, your friends, relatives will also beckon you making you feel depressed and causing the nervous breakdown.
Now, make every people who beckon you; shocked. Treat your stammering voice with the yogasana given below.
What is Simhasana?
Simhasana is a yoga pose in which your body looks like a roaring lion. The word Simhasana is made of two Sanskrit words; Simha which means a Lion; and Asana which means pose or posture. The asana is not too tougher and is medium in toughness. It is also called Lion pose in English.
Steps for Simhasana:-
- Kneel on the floor and cross the front of the right ankle over the back of the left.
- The feet will point out to the sides. Sit back so the perineum smuggles down onto the on the top (right) heel.
- Press your palms firmly against your knees.
- Fan the palms and splay your fingers like the sharpened claws of a large feline.
- Take a deep inhalation through the nose.
- Then simultaneously open your mouth wide and stretch your tongue out, curling its tip down toward the chin, open your eyes wide, contract the muscles on the front of your throat, and exhale the breath slowly out through your mouth with a distinct “ha” sound. The breath should pass over the back of the throat.
- Some texts instruct us to set our gaze (drishti) at the spot between the eyebrows.
- This is called “mid-brow gazing” (bhru-madhya-drishti; bhru = the brow; madhya = middle).
- Other texts direct the eyes to the tip of the nose (nasa-agra-drishti; nasa = nose; agra = foremost point or part, i.e., tip).
- You can roar two or three times.
- Then change the cross of the legs and repeat for the same number of times.
Benefits of Simhasana:-
Simhasana or Lion pose has numerous benefits, which are listed below.
- Simhasana is the best thing to cure stuttering voice.
- It is also beneficial for those suffering from bad breath or halitosis.
- It must be performed by girls during the menstruation period. It relieves the pain and strengthens your muscles.
- It improves the circulatory system for eased blood supply.
- The folded legs redirect the flow of prana from the lower chakras to the higher chakras.
- It treats the reproductive problems and strengthens the organs too.
Contradictions for Simhasana:-
- If you have a knee injury, always be cautious in flexed-knee sitting positions and, if necessary, sit on a chair to do the pose.
- For those with weak knee or ankle joints, this asana should be practised with caution.
- The asana should not be practised for more than 3 minutes as it is neither beneficial nor advisable.
Guys, keep this in mind that stay dedicated and full of confidence. This pose even gives a laughing stroke pose. Seeing you like this many people will even laugh and beckon you. But don’t pay attention to those fools. Stay dedicated and practice on a daily basis.
So these were the description of Simhasana. Yoga poses are always good for us. Take care and live well!
Read More :
- Health Benefits of Downward Facing Dog pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana) to strengthen whole body
- Yoga for the Hands – Mudra
- 12 Medicinal benefits of Betel plant
- Five Best Yoga Poses for Rock Climbers
- 5 Lifestyle Changes That Aid Natural Weight Loss
- Four Best Yoga Poses to Relieve Neck Pain
- How to get rid of Hernia – Brief overview
- Sequence your Yoga practices for maximum results
- Five People Who Can Benefit From Yoga
- Respiratory allergy and its natural cure
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.