We human being are the most advanced creatures on earth. We have got certain properties which none other living being has god. The most important thing to keep our body fit is; to develop a sense of balance. One who is not able to master his own body, can’t be successful in the field of health. Today we will be talking about a yogasana which helps to develop balance. It is Improve your Body Balance with Tittibhasana.
Firstly let us know, what is called body balance.
When you go for some tough trainings and poses, for a while some injuries occurs in your body. It is due to you don’t have a sense of balance and your body is not toned up. This is a small thing but causes major problems and makes your body weak and fatigued. Now, let us see how to correct this deformity with Yoga pose Tittibhasana.
What is Tittibhasana?
Tittibhasana (Firefly Pose) is a posture that requires strength of the upper body and hamstrings that are flexible. However, even if you have not mastered these two, you can still practice this challenging posture. It is a balancing pose and is quite tougher to be done. It is also called Firefly pose as the name means the same.
Steps for Tittibhasana:-
- Squat with your feet a little less than shoulder distance apart.
- Tilt your pelvis forward and bring your trunk between your legs.
- Keeping your trunk low, straighten your legs enough to lift your pelvis to about knee height.
- Bring your left upper arm and shoulder as far as possible underneath the back of your left thigh just above the knee and place your left hand on the floor at the outside edge of your foot, fingers pointing forward.
- Repeat these actions on the other side.
- Lift yourself off the floor by carefully shifting your center of gravity.
- Press your hands into the floor and slowly begin to rock your weight back, off your feet and onto your hands.
- Keep your inner thighs as high on your arms as possible.
- With an inhalation, stretch your legs out to the sides as straight as you can, keeping your pelvis high to make your legs parallel to the floor.
- Press through the bases of your big toes but pull your toes back toward your torso and spread them apart.
- The inner edges of your feet should be angled slightly forward, the outer edges slightly back.
- Straighten your arms as much as possible. Hollow your chest as you widen your shoulder blades as much as possible; this will round your upper back, which will lift your torso higher.
- Without tensing your neck, lift your head and gaze forward.
- Breathe slowly and hold the pose for 15 seconds or longer, then release your feet to the floor with an exhale.
Benefits of Firefly pose Tittibhasana:-
This very pose has numerous benefits which are listed below-
- It tightens and tones the area of the belly.
- It develops a sense of balance in the body; it is same as the warm-ups.
- It stretches the inner groins, hamstrings, and back torso.
- It is very good to strengthen the arms and the wrists.
- It improves the flexibility of the body.
Also Read: Panchakarma to detoxify the body.
Contradictions for Tittibhasana:-
- Avoid this pose if you have a lower back injury, elbow and wrist injury, or shoulder injury.
- As this pose actively involves the shoulder, wrist, elbow and lower back, injury to these parts could be made worse with the performance.
- To support the wrists during this pose you could keep your hands on a sponge ball that is cut in half or on a yoga mat that is rolled up.
This is a very good yoga pose to develop the body balance. One must perform this if not suffering from any of the above-listed injuries. Start your morning with Yoga in your routine, it will give excellent results. Take care and live well!
Read More :
- Yogasana for Anger management- Sasakasana
- The Truth About Cooling the Pain
- Yoga pose Kurmasana and its Health benefits
- Here’s Why Being Knee-Deep in Yoga May Be Right for Your Knees
- Sequence your Yoga practices for maximum results
- Are you taking Methi correctly to fight diabetes?
- 7 Ways how to keep your Feet beautiful and healthy
- Why A Healthy BMI Might Not Mean A Healthy Weight
- 5 Top Simple Yoga Poses To Reduce Extra Back Fat
- Viparita karani pose to keep your body fit and healthy
Image source: beckymangus.tumbler.com
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.