Table of Contents
Anger is the thing which is like a virus; deleting all the positive things and instead of that filling all the stresses and worries in one’s life. There can be many reasons for getting anger, but the best one is who is able to control the anger and live normally. In the Holy book Bhagwadgita, it has also been written- “The person who stays similar in every circumstances, and for whom joy and sorrow both are similar; that person can be said as the wise human.” Well, here we will be describing about the yogasana which is mostly meant for anger management.
Hello everyone, here we will be talking about Sasakasana also known as rabbit or hare pose. Many of the asanas are named with the prefix of some animals, birds or other beings. All of them has their own benefits and advantages.
What is Sasakasana?
Sasakasana is made of two Sanskrit word ‘Sasaka’ which means rabbit or hare; and ‘asana’ which means pose or posture. In this pose, your body will look like a sitting rabbit. Rabbit Pose is an intense forward bending pose, which is opposite the . It stretches the entire back of the spine and shoulders. This pose resembles the rounded spine of a rabbit. Now, we shall be discussing how to do this; and the steps mandatory for Sasakasana.
Steps for Sasakasana:-
There are several steps are meant for sasakasana, which should be carefully performed for better results.
Before moving to asana Sasakasana, one should be knowing how to do Vajrasana. Actually, it is the first step for this. Well, following are the steps for Vajrasana.
Steps for Vajrasana-
- Fold both legs and place them under your hips.
- Make sure both your heels stick out, and your toes should touch your hips.
- Remember thumbs of both your toes should touch each other.
- Keep your back, neck and your head straight.Rest you hands on the knees in front.
Steps for Sasakasana-
- Now you should proceed to do ‘Sasakasana’. ‘Sasakasana’ is an extension of ‘Vajrasana’. Inhale while you lift your hands upwards.
- While you bend forward, release your breath and at the same you should stretch your hands forward, remember to keep your hands stretched on the ground.
- The forehead should also touch the ground. In fact the forehead should rest on the ground.
- You should keep yourself in this yoga pose for sometime, before you eventually come back to the original ‘Vajrasana’ yoga pose.
Now, we shall be talking about the benefits of Sasakasana. As discussed, it is highly beneficial for Anger management; in addition it has many more benefits too.
Benefits of Sasakasana:-
- It massages your heart automatically.
- It cures mental illness, irritability and stress too.
- One who daily perform it, can always be seen jolly and free-minded.
- It gives strength to pancreas, liver, kidneys and intestines.
- It reduces fat from waist, buttocks and thighs.
- It is a good thing for eased digestion.
- It keeps your body flexible and maintains the elasticity of the body.
So, in this way we saw the detailed description of Sasakasana. One should perform this daily and in a regular basis for better results. Take care and live well!
Also, Read these posts: