Appropriate lifestyle plays an important role to keep us physically fit. It is not always necessary to visit a doctor but minor health issues can be managed with home remedies for ulcerative colitis . Some things which are available in our home or kitchen can resolve our health issues in a natural way without resulting any negative impacts on health.
Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease which results in the inflammation of rectum and colon. It is an autoimmune disease in which body’s immune system kills its own cells. Food allergies, collagen disorders, genetic factors, consuming hot, spicy food are responsible for ulcerative colitis. So here are some home remedies and some life style suggestions to manage ulcerative colitis.
Anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of calendula help to manage the symptoms of ulcerative colitis. It helps to improve the digestion and also facilitates in tissue healing.
- Take one or two teaspoon of calendula flowers in a cup of hot water.
- Leave it too steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain and drink this tea 2-3 times every day.
Fenugreek is commonly called as methi. Use of the fenugreek is known to be very effective to manage the problem of ulcerative colitis. It is the rich source of vitamins, iron, calcium, protein, vitamins A and C. Fenugreek helps to form a protective covering around the digestive tract. It also helps to reduce the inflammation.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of crushed fenugreek seeds and add them into a cup of hot water.
- Leave it for 4-5 minutes.
- Strain and drink this tea (mild lukewarm) once in a day.
Banana with curd:
Consumption of the mashed banana in a bowl of fresh curd daily is good to reduce the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
Apples are the good source phosphorous and iron and known to be very effective to manage the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
- Take an apple and wash it properly.
- Cut apple into small pieces
- Place these pieces into boiling water.
- Steam until the pieces become soft.
- Consume it two times in a day.
Use of turmeric is also good in the ulcerative colitis. Curcumin found in the turmeric is quite effective in the ulcerative colitis.
One can consume the half to 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder twice in a day with water.
Petals of Marigold flower:
Juice of the petals of marigold flower is quite good to manage the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
- Crush petal of flower and then extract the juice.
- One can consume two to three tablespoons of juice thrice in day.
- Alternatively one can chew the 4-5 petals of flower two – three times in a day.
Chewing some fresh rose petals is also known to be very good to manage the ulcerative colitis.
When you are suffering from the ulcerative colitis then it becomes necessary to make the changes in your life style and eating habits. Here we are listing suggestions for a healthy life style.
Food products which are listed below are good in ulcerative colitis.
- Consume the vegetables like pumpkin, bitter gourd, bottle gourd, round gourd and ridge gourd.
- Consume the fruits like pear, apple, banana and pomegranate (without seeds).
- Drink plenty of water and fluids daily.
- Consumption of Coconut water is also good for ulcerative colitis.
The food you eat can be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” So always be very careful while eating your food.
Limit the dairy products:
In most of people who are suffering from the ulcerative colitis have the problems like abdominal pain, diarrhea and gas. These problems can be resolved by limiting or eliminating the dairy products.
Limit the fiber:
In the case of ulcerative colitis high fiber foods like broccoli, cauliflower, whole grains, nuts, seeds, corn and popcorn may worsen the problem. So avoid high fiber food products.
- Limit the high fiber foods.
- Avoid non vegetarian foods
- Avoid Spicy and junk food
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Avoid tea and coffee
- Avoid ice cream, biscuits, white bread, oats and nuts.
Exercise and yoga:
Regular exercise and yoga are techniques which are very beneficial to manage the problem of ulcerative colitis naturally. These techniques are quite effective to prevent the complications associated with ulcerative colitis like decreased bone density, weakened immune system, stress and weight.
Practicing Yoga is also considered as the good natural remedy for ulcerative colitis because it nurtures our whole body with oxygen thus helps in the natural healing of body.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Follow daily routine.
- Take 5-6 small meals rather than eating bulk or 2 times in a day.
- One must develop a positive attitude.
- Keep yourself away from negativity.
- Do meditation and deep breathing which helps to ease stress and relax your body,