Overweight or obesity has been seen as a major problem disturbing the overall health of an individual. One of the problematic condition is the presence of cellulite. It is characterized by the deposition of fat beneath the skin, giving wrinkle or pucker appearance. Cellulite is also considered as the appearance of ‘orange-peel’ or ‘cottage cheese’ around gluteal-femoral regions. There are various complex factors, which are involved in the formation of cellulite like:
- Lymphatic system
- Microcirculatory system
- Accumulation of excessive subcutaneous fat bulging into the dermis
What are the causes of Cellulite?
The major cause of cellulite is overweight. Thus, the weight management to reduce fat in the body is a major concern to avoid cellulite. It is more common in female than male. On contrary, other factors which can cause the Cellulite are
- Poor diet
- Slow metabolism
- Lack of physical activity
- Changes in hormonal level
- Total body fat
- Thickness and color of the skin
The other factor which may contribute in the formation of cellulite is wearing tight elastic underwear across the buttocks, which results into limited blood flow contributing to the formation of cellulite.
Ayurvedic Approach to Treat Cellulite
Ayurveda emphasizes on the proper diet, balanced life style and physical activity. According to the Ayurveda, the body is made of 7 dhatus namely Rasa (lymph), Rakta (blood), Maans (Muscle), Meda (fat), Asthi (bones), Majja (nervous system), and Shukra (reproductive systemem). In obese people, meda is excessively nourished and other dhatus get less nourishment due to which more fat accumulation starts and results in the Vatta dosha. Thereby, concentrating on the diets and natural herbs which pacify the Vatta dosha are considered.
People who are heavily indulge in fatty food, rich in carbohydrates or salt and less fibers are likely to have cellulite. The wrong lifestyle also cause the formation of cellulite like
- Lack of exercises
- Siting for longer time
The formation of cellulites in the body puts an embarrassment state of mind for a woman and put a question on her beauty. Such state of mind elevate the stress and welcomes many unpleasant signs and symptoms like
- Reduction in longevity
- Premature aging
- Less sex drive and poor sexual performance
- Unpleasant body odor and excessive sweating
- Loss of vitality
- Mental confusion
Hence, it is a disorder of improper nourishment of the 7 dhatus due to wrong life style including diet and physical exercises. Therefore, a balanced life style with disciplined and commitment are foreseen to avoid cellulite, which includes
- A balanced diet
- Regular exercises
- Other factors like smoking etc.
Apart from those, there are natural herbs which effectively work on the treatment of cellulite. The significance of such herbs are that they contain natural antioxidants and bio active molecules, which effectively targets on the fats accumulating molecules without causing any side effects.
The addition of herbal products in your routine work outs and diet keep you active, thin and successful personality, where you endure yourself.
- Garcinia: The scientific community of modern science has shown that in Garcinia, hydroxycitric acid (HCA) is present, which controls the synthsis of fats in the body. During the metabolism of carbohydrates in the body, an enzyme, citrate lyase converts the carbohydrates into fat. Interestingly, HCA completely blocks the activity of enzyme. Thereby, effectively controls the excessive fat synthesis in the body. Furthermore, HCA also induces the serotonin secretion in the brain, which suppresses the appetite.
- Guggul: It is one of the known herbal supplement to burn the fat. The responsible constituent for burning the fat is Guggulsterone, it is very helpful in weight lose management and does not have any side effect in the body. It has ushan virya potency and possesses the katu and tikhta rasa, which is highly beneficial in weight management.
- Stholyantak Churna: It is a combination of rare herbs and effectively works on the weight loss. It keeps your lipid profile and cholesterol level up to the mark. It corrects carbohydrates and protein metabolism.
Indications: weight loss, obesity, cholesterol, lipid profile
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurvedic Medicine) is an expert Ayurveda consultant in Chandigarh (India). He has vast experience of herbs and their applied uses. He has successfully treated numerous patients suffering from various ailments, throughout the world. He is CEO and Founder of Krishna Herbal Company and Planet Ayurveda in Chandigarh, India. WEBSITE – WWW.PLANETAYURVEDA.COM