Every yoga pose has the motto, to keep your body flexible and fit. Today we will be talking about a yogasana, which is meant to keep your hands and legs flexible. It is called Baddha Padmasana or Locked Lotus pose.
What is Baddha Padmasana?
In Sanskrit, the word “Baddha” means bound or locked. Baddha Padmasana is also known as locked lotus pose. In this, your hands and legs will look firmly packed.
Steps for Baddha Padmasana:
- Sit in Padmasana and hold the thumb of the left foot by bringing the left hand from the backside.
- Similarly, hold the thumb of right foot by bringing the right hand from behind.
- The spine and back should be kept straight.
- Close your eyes and try to concentrate your mind.
- Perform as per your capability.
- Repeat this for 5-6 times a day.
Benefits of Baddha padmasana:
- Develops the chest of males and females, making it attractive.
- It is beneficial for hands, shoulders and the entire back and spine.
- Beneficial in constipation and strengthens the digestive system.
- Daily practice of the yoga pose aids in arthritis.
- It is very good to make your full body flexible.
There are several contradictions related to the pose, which is given as follows.
Contradictions for Baddha padmasana:
- People suffering from an ankle injury are not advised to practice this asana.
- A pregnant woman should not perform this asana.
- If you are having a sprained leg, then better avoid this asana.
- Do not do this if you suffer from back pain/problems.
Health is the foremost wealth and yoga practices are something which costs nothing but gifts a happier health. Practice this regularly, and to avoid any kind of injury, practice under a known yoga instructor.
This was the description article of Baddha padmasana. Hope you like the post, share it to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.