Feeling to visit washroom rapidly or spending hours there is something that patients with ulcerative colitis suffer. If you have been diagnosed with the ulcerative colitis and thinking that what can be good for you to manage this problem, this article can be useful! Besides this complete understanding about this disease is also an important aspect to save yourself from the consequences of it. Herbs in Ayurveda have been proven fruitful to cure ulcerative colitis.
How Ulcerative colitis natural remedies can be helpful?
- Ulcerative colitis is named as pittaj grahani in Ayurveda. Cause of Ulcerative colitis in Ayurveda is the imbalance of pitta dosha with the involvement of imbalanced vata dosha in some cases.
- Consumption of Pitta aggravating foods result in the aggravation of pitta dosha that causes the damage to rakta dhatu (blood tissues) and mamsa dhatu (muscle tissues). It results in the formation of ama (toxins) in the intestine. While aggravation of vata dosha in the lower colon region results in the mucus accumulation and inflammation.
- Though herbs in Ayurveda likeKutaj (Holarrhena antidyssentrica), Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare),Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Bilva (Aegle marmelos Dhania (Coriander sativum), Nagarmotha (Cyprus rotundus), Anar (Punica granatum), Choti elaichi (Eletteria cardomum), Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) help to pacify the aggravated doshas and also provide the relief in the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
What is Ulcerative colitis?
- Ulcerative colitis is an autoimmune disorder where immune system invades the healthy cells by mistake. It is an inflammatory bowel disease (IDB) that results in Inflammation and ulcers in the lining of the large intestine (colon).
Symptoms of ulcerative colitis
If you have any of following symptoms then do visit doctor
Symptoms of ulcerative colitis depending on the severity of inflammation can vary.
- Diarrhea with pus or blood
- Bloody stools
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Rectal bleeding
- Weight loss
- Burning sensation in chest and throat
Ulcerative colitis natural remedies
- Planet Ayurveda offers “Ulcerative colitis care pack” that contains four herbal remedies. These herbal remedies are prepared from the pure herbs and free from any preservatives, colors, chemical, and starch. All the product are prepared under the guidance of MD Ayurveda doctors.
- ARJUNA CAPSULES
- VATSAKADI CHURNA
- PITTA BALANCE
- KUTAZGHAN VATI
1. ARJUNA CAPSULES – Arjuna capsules are an amazing Ulcerative colitis herbal supplements. These capsules are prepared from the standardized extract of Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna).
- Arjun is famous herb in Ayurveda due to Healing and medicinal properties. Being packed with the digestive, anti-dyspeptic, astringent, appetizer, liver stimulant properties it works well to manage the ulcerative colitis. It aids in the smooth functioning of the digestive process. In the case of Ulcerative colitis it helps to manage the various symptoms like rectal bleeding, bloody stools, ulcers, abdominal cramps and weight loss.
Dosage – 2 capsules two times in a day after meals with plain water.
VATSAKADI CHURNA : It is another amazing herbal remedy which is prepared by the blend of various herbs to manage ulcerative colitis naturally.
- Kutaj (Holarrhena antidyssentrica)
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Saunf (Foeniculum vulgare)
- Dhania (Coriander sativum)
- Nagarmotha (Cyprus rotundus)
- Anar (Punica granatum)
- Choti elaichi (Eletteria cardomum)
- Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans)
- Above mentioned herbs are quite beneficial for the management of ulcerative colitis. In a combination, they help to pacify the aggravated pitta dosha. They also aid in the healthy functioning of digestive system. Hence, vatsakadi churna is an effective ulcerative colitis herbal supplement to manage this inflammatory bowel disease.
Dosage – One teaspoonful, twice in a day with plain water.
- As the name of this product suggests that it pacifies the aggravated pitta dosha.
- It is prepared by the combination of natural ingredients which are given below:
- Praval pishti (Coral calcium)
- Akik pishti (Agate calcium)
- Jahar mohra pishti (An ayurvedic calcium compound)
- Kamdudha ras (An ayurvedic calcium compound)
- Mukta pishti (Pearl calcium)
- Giloy satva (Tinopsora corifolia)
- Pitta balance is safe and effective natural care for ulcerative colitis. Calcium compounds used in the formulation of pitta balance help to control the bleeding and provide the cooling effects on the body.
Dosage – One capsule, two times a day after meals with plain water.
- Kutaz (Halorrheana anti-dysentrica) is wonderful herb in Ayurveda that helps to manage all type of diarrhea. In the case of ulcerative colitis, it is quite helpful to treat chronic diarrhea.
- It also aids in burning the accumulated toxins (ama). Moreover, therapeutic action of this herb helps to manage the inflammation in intestines and also helps in healing of ulcers.
Dosage: 2 tablets, two times a day after meals with plain water.
Along with taking the above mentioned herbal medicines, follow these guidelines for better results.
- Avoid Spicy and junk food
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Avoid non-vegetarian foods
- Avoid tea and coffee
- Avoid ice cream, biscuits, white bread, oats, and nuts
- Avoid alcohol intake.
- Avoid smoking