What can be good for you to manage the ulcerative colitis at home? A healthy life style and proper eating habits are major keys to lead a healthy life. Diet and home remedies available in your kitchen can help you to manage this disorder.Even some people after taking the treatment for ulcerative colitis complain that they are not getting the desirable results. So for fast healing and recovery, diet and home remedies for ulcerative colitis play a major role.
Ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory bowel disease results in the inflammation of rectum and colon. It is an auto immune disorder where immune system kills the healthy cells by mistake. Collagen disorders, food allergies, genetic factors, stress, consuming hot, spicy food etc. are the factors responsible for this disorder.
Home Remedies for Ulcerative colitis:
Petals of Marigold flower – Consuming the juice of the petals of marigold flower is an effective home remedy to provide the relief in the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
- Take the petals of fresh marigold flower.
- Crush them to get the extract.
- Consume two to three tablespoons of juice twice -thrice in a day.
- One can also chew the few petals of flower twice – two to three times in a day.
- Another option is – one can make herbal tea out of Petals of Marigold flower. Take few petals and boil them in 2 cups of water. Boil it until water reduces to half. Strain it and consume lukewarm.
Banana with curd
- Consuming the mashed banana in a bowl of fresh curd is also good to pacify the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
- Coconut water is packed with great healing properties. It works well to manage the digestive disorders. In the case of ulcerative colitis, it not only helps to sooth the mucous membrane of colon and rectum but also helps to reduce the inflammation.
How to use:
- One can consume two glasses of coconut water two times in a day.
- Pomegranate is one of most effective home remedy given in ulcerative colitis. It aids to reduce the inflammation.
How to use
- Consume 50 ml juice daily.
- Another option is boil the peel of pomegranate in 3-4 cups of water until it reduces to one cup. Strain it and drink lukewarm.
- Being packed with anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, use of calendula is quite helpful to manage the symptoms of ulcerative colitis. It aids to improve the digestion and also assists in tissue healing.
- Add calendula flowers petals in a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain and drink this tea daily for twice- thrice.
- Chewing the some fresh rose petals is also considered as an effective home remedy to manage the ulcerative colitis.
- Being a rich source of iron, vitamins, calcium, protein, vitamins A and C, fenugreek is also considered as an effective home remedy for ulcerative colitis. It helps in the formation of protective covering around the digestive tract and also reduces the inflammation.
- Take one teaspoon of powder of fenugreek seeds.
- Add it into a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for 4-5 minutes.
- Strain it and drink on daily basis.
Green grass remedy
- Green grass is loaded with healing properties and quite good to manage ulcerative colitis. Consuming one glass of plain grass juice is good in this problem.
Natural Cure for Ulcerative Colitis
The food you eat can be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.
Thing to be taken
- Take fruits like ash gourd, radish,round gourd,pumpkin, bitter gourd, bottle gourd and ridge gourd.
- Consume the fruits like pear, apple, banana, Indian Goose Berry and pomegranate (without seeds).
- Include spinach, mustard leaves, fenugreek leaves in your diet – moderation.
- Drink plenty of water.
Things to be avoided
- Limit the dairy products like milk, cheese, buttermilk, butter.
- Limit the high fibre foods like cauliflower, broccoli, whole grains, corn, nuts, seeds, and popcorn may worse the problem.
- Avoid citrus fruits.
- Avoid Spicy and junk food
- Avoid non vegetarian diet
- Avoid tea and coffee
- Avoid ice cream, biscuits, white bread, oats and nuts.
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Do exercise and yoga because these techniques help to nurtures whole body with oxygen and help in the better healing.
- Follow healthy daily routine.
- Take small meals rather than eating in bulk.
- Stay positive attitude and keep yourself away from negativity.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurvedic Medicine) is an expert Ayurveda consultant in Chandigarh (India). He has vast experience of herbs and their applied uses. He has successfully treated numerous patients suffering from various ailments, throughout the world. He is CEO and Founder of Krishna Herbal Company and Planet Ayurveda in Chandigarh, India. WEBSITE – WWW.PLANETAYURVEDA.COM