Table of Contents
A slim fit waist is liked by all. None of us wants it bulge and fatty. On this very eve of Yoga day, let us talk about an yogasana which will balance your body and strengthen abdominal muscles. It is called Naukasana or Boat pose.
This very yoga pose is named as in this your body looks like a boat.
What is Naukasana?
Naukasana or Boat pose, is a yogacise in which your body resembles like a boat. Nauka= Boat; Asana= Pose. Thus it is called boat pose.
Steps for Naukasana:
- Keep both the hands on the thighs and lie down straight.
- While inhaling, first raise the head and shoulders upwards and then the legs.
- The legs, hands and head should be lifted to the same level, looking like a boat.
- Stay for a while in this position and slowly bring down the hands, legs and head to the floor, while exhaling.
- Repeat this for 3-6 times, as per your convenience.
Benefits of Naukasana:
- The lungs and heart become strong, due to the inhalation of prana-vayu.
- It is beneficial for intestines, stomach, liver and pancreas.
- It tones your abs muscles, giving it a fit and perfect shape.
- It is very useful for people with hernia.
- It tones your leg and arm muscles, thus erasing all types of pain in it.
Contradictions for Naukasana:
There are several rules and precautions too, related to Boat pose. One should keep these in mind before doing this.
- If you are having any injury on ankles, then do not practice this.
- Those with severe headache or migraine should not perform this.
- This yogasana should be strictly avoided in pregnancy.
- It is also not applicable during the first two days of the menstrual cycle.
- If somebody has heart problems, it is better to skip the Yoga pose naukasana.
Note: If you notice any other discomfort, then do consult your yoga trainer before performing it. Don’t exert pressure in any case, it can do harm to you.
Hope you like the article. Share this to all.