Uttanpadasana is a yogasana which is mostly meant to cure stomach problems. It is quite easier to perform yet very reliable one.Raised leg pose is beneficial for those having back pain and stomach disorder. Uttanpadasana is highly recommended for stomach abs. People for flat stomach and for strong ABS love this exercise. It is good for strengthening the abdominal muscles. You can practice this asana by raising one leg at a time also.
What is Uttanpadasana?
Uttanpadasana also called ‘Raised leg/foot pose’ is a very good and easy asana to be perform.Raised Foot Pose (Uttanpadasana) is a classic pose that is performed in the supine position. The meaning of ‘ut’ is to lift, ‘tan’ is to stretch and ‘pad’ is leg. This pose involves raising the legs and is used as an exercise to reduce and tone the belly. Uttanpadasana also goes by the name of Raised Feet Pose. It is also sometimes called Dwipadasana as ‘dwi’ means two and ‘pada’ means legs.
Steps for Uttanpadasana:-
To perform this asana well, you need to get guide from the steps listed as below-
- Lie on your back with legs and arms straight.
- Your feet should be together and palms should be facing downwards on the floor close to the body.
- Raise your legs about two feet from the floor without bending your knees.
- Become a statue in this pose, and maintain this for some time.
- Then lower your legs slowly without bending the knees.
- Repeat this pose for 6-8 times; as it is quite one of the easier pose so can be performed as much possible times.
Now, we shall be talking about the benefits of Uttanpadasana.
Benefits of Uttanpadasana:-
- This posture is excellent for athletes as it gives balance and strength to the body.
- The Raised Foot Pose is believed to be effective in boosting the health of the heart, lungs, liver, pancreas, and intestines.
- It strengthens the abdominal muscles and also massages the intestinal organs.
- Uttanpadasana is highly beneficial to cure acidity, constipation and several other stomach ailments.
- It strengthens the lower back muscles helping to relieve lower back pain. It also strengthens the hamstring muscles.
Uttanpadasana should be performed in a daily basis. It is very good and well filled with benefits. Afterall, Yogasanas are all for the benefits of mankind. Take care and live well!
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.