Whole day sitting in front of computer and laptops, when we feel our neck fragile and stiffed, we crack it in left and right directions. It gives us instant relief and a feeling of relaxation. Do you know cracking neck can cause serious illness your neck and body? Shocked right! Here is the reason why.
When we were kinds, our elders advised not to crack fingers. As we grew up, we practiced one more similar habit of cracking neck. Knowingly or unknowingly, by doing so we are inviting serious health problems. When we crack our neck, a popping sound is heard. Why is it so? From where does this sound comes?
Studies show that many of us commonly crack our knuckles, necks and even our toes on a regular basis.
What makes the sound arise while cracking neck?
Our joints contains different gases like oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide. It also has a fluid in called synovial fluid. While cracking neck, our joint gets stretched, where the synovial fluid releases bubbles, which actually causes this popping sound. By cracking neck, we temporarily fix our discomfort but the same thing can lead to heavy problems in terms to future references.
If it gives relief, then why it can be bad?
So, you feel a great relief with this. But what’s the problem behind this?
Your ligaments are like rubber bands. Everytime when you stretch a rubber band, it losses its shape and can become unstable even can break. Same thing happens in cracking neck. When you crack your neck continuously, they can no longer provide the structure and correct function to maintain the body.
You are not simply cracking neck, you are making your body prone of severe diseases.
Problems that can arise due to cracking neck:
- Cervical pain which can get incurable
- Spine dislocation
- Gouty knots
- Disrupted blood vessels etc
How can one cure it?
So, when you feel pain in your neck what you should do? Cracking neck, makes us addicted of it, then how to avid it. Whenever you feel any sort of cervical pain, follow-up the following tips. Those can be quite harder in start, but is very good for your health.
- Apply ice and heat packs on the paining joint.
- Keep your neck moving with some minor neck exercises
- Brisk walk will help a lot
In this way we saw how cracking neck can be injurious for our health. Hope you like the post. Share it to all and make everyone aware of this simple but big health thing. Take care and live well!
Read More :
- Best Exercises For Arthritic Knees
- Health Indicators to Help You Track Your Weight Loss
- 4 Strategies to remain Fit During the Holiday Season
- 4 Refreshing Diabetic Drinks to quench Thirst and Dryness
- 4 Yoga Poses That Will Get Rid of Your Knee Pain
- Why A Healthy BMI Might Not Mean A Healthy Weight
- Why Does Arthritis Pain Feel Worse When It Rains?
- 7 Reasons Telemedicine created a stronger bridge between Stressed patients and their doctors
- Here’s Why Being Knee-Deep in Yoga May Be Right for Your Knees
- 6 Everyday Foods That Boost the Immune System
- Common things to know about Diphtheria and its herbal remedies
- Beat Monsoons with Herbal infusion of Tulsi and herbs
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.