What is flaxseed?
Uses and Health Benefits of Flaxseed :Flaxseed is a super nutritional food
Health benefits of Flaxseed
Health Benefits of Flaxseed
- Flaxseed is rich in soluble and insoluble fiber which keeps our digestive system strong.
- It clears blockage and keeps heart healthy. Improves good cholesterol .
- Flax seed helps to cure type2 diabetes.
- Consuming flax seed can cure asthma.
- It improves immunity, reduce stress level and cures depression.
- It improves fertility in men and women both.
- Flax seed is the best for skin and hair.
- Flax seed is helpful during menopause to reduce hot flashes.
Few more health benefits of flaxseed:
- Flax seed helps in digestion for it’s high fiber content.
- It has anti cancer compound which is known as ‘lignans’,which helps to cure certain types of cancer like breast cancer, lungs cancer etc.
- Its antigenic properties stops tumor growth from forming new blood vessels.
- Improves Lower cholesterol and heart health
- Flax seeds contains lignans which help to protect against cardiovascular and other chronic diseases. Nearly 10 percent of cholesterol level decreases in three months in men due to testosterone levels in men, however which is lower in women.
- A study of 55 Native of American women had undergone menopause, who have suggested that the daily intake of 30g of flax seed reduced their LDL cholesterol level up to 10 percent.
- According to Mayo clinic, soluble fiber dissolves and produce gel like substance ,which can help to reduce glucose level and cholesterol. It has great weight management benefits, that you will feel full and less to overeat.
- But too much consuming flax seeds and flax seed oil can cause diarrhea. Flax seed has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for health improvement and skin ,hair health.
Flax seed should be used in ground form. As using too much of flax seed is not free from risks.
Also Read :
- 4 ways to use Cumin seeds for Weight loss
- Health TipsHealth benefits of Papaya seeds for full body detox
Risks associated with flaxseed
Flax seeds may not be beneficial to everyone. Too much use of flax seed can cause
- Abdominal pain
- Constipation or diarrhea
Women’s are advised not to consume flax seed during pregnancy. Consuming flax seeds is not advised while breast feeding, due to its phytoestrogens.
As this is a supplementary food, so consult the doctor before you consume.
Flaxseed benefits for hair
- We all know that flaxseed contains omega3 fatty acids. Fatty acids are essential for healthy hair and new growth.
- It helps in conditioning hair and makes it more smooth and manageable.
- Controls breakage, split ends, dryness and frizzy hair.
- It soothes the scalp eczema and dandruff.
- It nourishes hair and improves hair elasticity.
- Flaxseed balances the PH levels
ansoil production in hair for healthy hair growth.
For hair growth
- Flaxseed hair oil
- Flaxseed hair gel
- Include in diet
How to make flaxseed oil
- Boil water in a pan. Heat it on high flame until it
boil, may b for 5 minutes.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon of flax seeds into it. Lower the flame. Let the seeds to cook until the mixture
getthicken and glossy. After sometimeyou will notice streak like eggwhite .
- Your oil is ready
Let the oil to cool. No need to strain seeds.because oil releases during boiling process.
You can refrigerate for one week or more days
Process to use flaxseed
- Heat flax seed oil for few seconds to get slightly warm
- Massage into your scalp for 10-15 minutes
- Wrap your hair in hot towel.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with mild sulpher-free shampoo.
- Do this remedy 2-3 times in a week.
- You will notice visible changes on regular application .
How to make flaxseed hair gel
- Boil water in a pan. Add 2-4 tablespoon of flax seeds until get thicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and stir the liquid until you get gel like consistency. Keep aside and let it be cool.
- Strain the gel in a jar when it get cooled.
- Use this gel to style your hair every morning.
- It also boost hair growth.
How to include flaxseeds in diet
- You can eat raw flaxseed
- Eating on mixing with cookies, salad,smoothies,milk,soups.
However, it is known that there is no shortcuts for anything to make successful. So, you have to follow a healthy diet also.
There are more uses and benefits of flaxseeds in our life, which will be discussed later. Please share your experience with us by doing above methods and get benefitted.
Vary nice and informative article
This was a great read. Thank you so much for shedding light on the importance of Flax seeds. I agree we should have them in our regular meals in adequate amount for a healthy life. I have been using Flax seeds from True Elements and the quality has been very good.