Bryophyllum which is a herb, widely known to treat kidney problems and urinary disorders. Do you know, it has several other health benefits too? Today we will be discussing about 10 health benefits of Bryophyllum plant.
Bryophyllum is a perennial herb of a minor family. It is grown in gardens all over India.
Appearance of Bryophyllum:
It is a plant with hollow stem, red or green in colour and 3-4 ft tall in height. The leaves are muscular and grow across some distance. Lower parts have simple leaves and upper parts have complex joint leaves, having 6-7 leaves in opposite pattern.
Fresh leaves sprout from the rounded corners of the leaves, hence resulting in the origin of new plants.
It includes fragrant oil which mainly contains Karvakrol.
It cures stones and purifies abdominal area. It is purgative and cures piles, pacifies tridosha, flatulence, dysuria, ulcers, wounds and purifies blood. It is very famous medicine to cure kidney stones and similar other problems.
English name– Sprout leaf plant
Hindi name– Jakhmehayat
Sanskrit name– Parn beej, Raktakusum
Kannada name– Gandukalinga
Bengali name– Patharkuchi
Family name– Crassulaceae
Botanical name– Bryophyllum pinnatum
Now we shall be talking about the health benefits of Bryophyllum plant. After reading this, you will surely be amazed and will say “Oh my God, such a miraculous plant”.
Health benefits of Bryophyllum:
1. Treats Kidney stones-
- In case of kidney stones, give 40-50 ml decoction of whole plant twice a day.
- You an also give the decoction with 500 mg shilajit and 2 gm of honey mixed in it.
- Give this twice a day, it cures bilestone easily.
2. Useful in Urinary disorders-
- Give 5 ml juice of its leaves to the patient suffering from thirst and any disorder related to urinary system. It is a very good and effective cure.
- In case of urine related disorder in men, give 40-60 ml of its decoction with 2 gm honey mixed in it.
- Give this twice a day.
3. Helpful in Boils-
- Slightly warm its leaves and crush them.
- Tie it as poultice on the affected area.
- It cures boils, redness and swelling too.
4. For Hypertension–
- Give 5-10 drops of the extract of its aerial parts.
- It is beneficial in controlling blood pressure.
5. Curbs Leukaemia-
- Give 5-10 drops of the extract of its aerial part, twice a day.
- It is beneficial in blood cancer.
6. For Vaginal disorders-
- In case of vaginal flow in women, give 40-60 ml decoction with 2 gm honey mixed in it.
- Give this twice a day.
7. Treats Headache–
- Crush its leaves and apply on the forehead.
- It cures headache.
8. Aids in Eye pain-
- Extract the juice of its leaves and apply all around the eyes.
- It cures pain in the white part of eyes.
9. Treatment for Wounds-
- Slightly warm the leaves and then rush them and tie on the wound.
- It helps the wound heal faster and also eliminates the scar.
10. Cures Bleeding diarrhoea-
- Give 3-6 gm juice of its leaves with cumin seeds and double amount of ghee mixed in it.
- Give this to the patient thrice a day.
- It controls the blood flow in diarrhoea.
These were the 10 benefits of Jakhmehayat plant 🙂 Isn’t it an amazing and health promoting one. If you are also diagnosed with any of the disease listed above, then must give it a try.
Share your experiences with us and share the post to all your friends. Take care and live well!