Table of Contents
When someone is diagnosed with Cancer like fatal ailment, they immediately go for some higher treatments or better cure. Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy are the two biggest treatments for malignant cancers. Do you know, that these therapies are bounded with various ill-effects?
It’s a human nature, we are all scared of loosing our loveable, due to some diseases. We all profound bestest treatments, so they get cured. Many people, spend money like water, with just a one wish ‘successful treatment’.
Cancer; which is the synonym of ‘death‘ today is very different from other diseases.
How Cancer differs from other diseases?
As in every other disease, the infection grows due to intrinsic and extrinsic factors, cancer has no such mechanism. In this, if a single carcinogen enters your body and starts developing, it kills/replicate the healthy cells and starts growing hugely.
The it causes inflammation and sores which are known as ‘tumours’.
Cancer is also of two type; benign which means less-infectious and gets treated easily; malignant which means deadly and difficult to cure.
Therapies for Cancer:
In the current date, there are a lot of treatments and therapies available for cancer out of which two are most advanced and suspected ones.
They are Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. Let us understand these both in details.
Chemotherapy is the part of Cancer treatment which uses antibiotics and drugs/chemicals to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells, which grow and divide quickly.
Whereas, Radiotherapy or Radiation therapy uses high-energy rays to treat disease. It can be given both externally and internally. It also destroys the presence of cancer cells, which are being treated.
Side-effects of Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy:
Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, are included with lots of side-effects in it. Apart from treating the disease, it even destroys your normal health which can be bad for future references.
Side-effects of chemo and radiation varies from person to person. Here, we are presenting some of the very common side-effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Fatigue is very common during and even after the procedure of these both therapies. You can feel dull-mind, lack of energy and other similar complications.
- Radiotherapy uses high frequency radiations to kill cancer cells, but it also kills your healthy cells nearby. In some it gets very severe whereas in some it remains normal.
- Radiotherapy makes the hair fall out in the treatment area. The hair in other parts remain normal than the area aimed for the treatment. After the completion of treatment, the hair is recovered in few weeks.
- Both Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, often stop the bone marrow from making enough blood cells. It makes your body lacking platelets, WBCs and RBCs.
- Chemotherapy drugs can cause infertility too.
- Some types of chemotherapy may cause permanent damage to the heart, lung, liver, kidneys. It may include severe organ damage and disorders.
- Radiotherapy may even damage your DNA codes, thus altering your body’s capability and its chromosome culture.
- Most shocking, radiotherapy can even hand you second cancer, which means even after being recovered your body gains the capacity to develop the disorder again and again.
- These therapies may lead to brain abnormalities in future, which also includes epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease.
Being the lifesavers, these therapies may prove health-hazarding in future references. Well, the side effects varies from person to person. Still, if we know that these are going to deplete then why to go for such. If possible, one should apply natural remedies for cancer.
Hope you like the article, share it to everyone so that the awareness reaches to every person. Take care and live well!