Table of Contents
The liver is an important body organ and powerhouse of the body. It filters and processes your food. It filters your blood and passes it to the rest of the body part. The primary function of the liver is blood detoxification and purification, Bile production, Enzyme activation, and Metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. We will discuss about 10 foods that cleanse your liver naturally
To maintain a healthy liver you should maintain a healthy body weight.
- Eat a balanced and proper diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid any toxins and alcohol. Due to heavy consumption of alcohol and drugs, the liver gets polluted or becomes weak.
- The liver also gets affected by your daily food habits like too much taking of processed food and large quantities of fried food, which can harm your liver in the long run.
- So, the liver requires a proper amount of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to improve its functions. The role of the liver is to store vitamins and iron. It helps to convert stored sugar to usable sugar. It destroys old red blood cells and produces bile to digest fats. That’s why liver health determines the overall health of the body.
List of foods to cleanse liver naturally:
- GREEN TEA
- It helps the body to produce glutathione naturally and cleanses your artery.
- This superfood can be used in many healthy recipes.
- This is rich in anti-inflammatory properties which helps to reduce arthritis pain.
- It improves your digestion.
- This superfood is good for your eyes.
- This is also good for your heart.
- It also helps to boost fertility.
- Avocado plays an important role in women’s health. It helps in estrogen production and reproductive hormonal balance.
- Nutrients like folic acid, potassium, fiber, and other minerals make it a super food for good health.
Turmeric or golden spice is also called Indian saffron. This super spice is used in many ways like powder, capsules, dyes, and extracts. This is widely used in Ayurveda medicines. Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric.
- Its inflammatory properties help to remove bad toxins from your body and repair liver cells.
- It helps the liver to detox metal while boosting bile production.
- Scientists believe that curcumin may also be able to prevent liver diseases.
Spinach is full of iron, magnesium, manganese, and other vitamins like vitamin, vitamin, and vitamin K which will protect you from liver and diseases. This leafy green veggie is good for your eyesight. It can be eaten raw or cooked. The origin of spinach in modern cuisine comes from Spain.
- Cabbage is full of vitamin C and sulphur which help you to remove bad toxins from your body.
- Green cabbages are helpful for clearing skin and removing wastes from the body.
- Sulfur content helps to heal acne and eczema.
- Red cabbages are a source of phytonutrients which is also called betalain. Betalain helps to lower blood sugar levels.
- This is full of antioxidants.
- Walnuts are high in omega-3 fatty acids and glutathione which helps in liver cleansing.
- It helps the liver in detoxifying metal.
- It improves liver enzymes.
- Ans it is the most trusted source of reducing fatty liver diseases and also helps in reducing body weight.
- Eating a handful of walnuts will help to maintain overall good health.
Apple has anti-inflammatory properties that protect your fatty liver from harmful diseases. It has pectin and acidic content that helps to remove bad toxins from the digestive tract. Apple contains a huge amount of good fiber which is beneficial for the liver.
Green tea contains catchiness which is a plant-based anti-oxidant to detoxify your liver. It improves your liver function and contains healthy bioactive compounds. Also, it helps to prevent type 2 diabetes. It may help to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Beetroot contains vitamin and fiber which helps to boost enzyme activity and increase oxygen in blood. Beetroots are a great source of fiber, iron, potassium, and many essential nutrients. It helps to lower blood pressure.
Coffee plays an important role in fatty liver diseases. It helps the liver to protect from liver cancer. Research says that drinking two to three cups of coffee a day is beneficial for liver disease. A group of Italian researchers found that five to six cups of coffee can provide protective effects against non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Drinking black coffee is also helpful for diabetes and heart disease.
- Garlic is a staple in many diets.
- It helps to activate enzymes that can flush out bad toxins from the body.
- Also, It contains selenium which has micronutrients that help to boost natural antioxidant enzymes in your liver.
- It provides you with many health benefits in fatty liver disease.
So, in short, Take care of your liver
We simply can’t live without a liver. Hope these foods to clean your liver naturally will help you to maintain a healthy liver. So, this is very important to fuel it right and keep it healthy. That’s why food plays an important role in keeping our liver healthy or unhealthy. The best way to maintain a healthy liver is to maintain a healthy body weight.