Table of Contents
What causes neck pain:
Neck side muscles, bones, ligaments which support our head for motion, when get injured or any abnormalities or inflammation occurs, then it can cause pain. You feel stiffness on the surrounding neck and this becomes very painful. Let’s try to understand how we can recover from neck pain naturally.
Several reasons causes to neck pain like as follows:
- Poor postures
- Wrong neck exercise
- Wrong sleeping postures
- Long working hours on desktop or laptop without changing position or without movement.
Sometimes neck pain is not serious and can be easily recovered within some days with mild exercise and proper home care. But in some cases it can be serious issues and needs doctor’s recommendation. More than a week of neck pain needs medical attention.
Neck pain may be a symptom of heart attack. If a patient feels vomiting, nausea, low breath, frequent sweating, call an ambulance immediately. Because head may not support as a whole to the breathing system. Sometimes, if neck is fractured, the spinal cord may get affected. As a person grow ages, the cervical disc function support get low.
Which causes spondylosis. Spondylosis makes narrows the space between vertebrae by which a patient feels stress in joints. In some cases, neck pain occurs due to tumors, infections, spine problems, and congenital abnormalities.
You should consult a doctor when you feel severe neck pain along with headache, weakness, numbness, pain in arm and legs, vomiting, consult your doctor in that case. And also if any accidental fall or injury you get on neck then go for immediate medical care.
Remedies for minor neck pain
- You can apply ice-cubes.
- Do neck exercise regularly
- Do not do heavy lifting
- Watch your body posture
- For instant relief you can take medicines like ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Keep your bones as healthy as you can. Calcium plays an important role in your daily nutritional plan. You can take vitamin-D supplements and morning sun-bath.
- Start taking an anti-inflammatory diet like whole grains, healthier fats, more veggies and fruits, you can eat fish (regular/salmon/fillets) which contains omega-3 fatty acids.
- Avoid meat as it can cause inflammation.
Home Remedies to recover from neck pain naturally
- You can take ginger tea. This is a natural source of anti-inflammatory properties which improves blood circulation and helps to reduce pain. Take at least for one month to see visible results.
- Apple cider vinegar can also be helpful to treat neck pain and stiffness. Just soak a napkin in some apple cider vinegar and place it on the affected area.
- Both hot and cold water therapy will also be helpful to reduce pain. Taking a hot water bath can increase blood circulation while cold water therapy can reduce inflammation in your neck. Or else you can apply cold packs several times in a day for about 15 to 20 minutes in a day.
But, if you have tried all home care treatments for a few days and your pain has not reduced, and you are feeling pain like headache, numbness or tingling, or pain in both arms continuously despite self-treatment, you can call your doctor. You can take pain relievers medicines like ibuprofen or acetaminophen for instant relief. But this is advisable to take your doctor’s permission if any other health issues are there. Doctor can recommend you for physical therapy or other medication.