Table of Contents
Let’s know a little bit about Prunes
Prunes are also known as dried plums. They are loaded with soluble fibers which help to keep your gut health in condition. It helps to clear out the intestinal tract. It contains healthy carbs, fiber, sodium, healthy fats, iron, retinol, and potassium.
The Health Benefits of Prunes are listed below:
- According to a study, eating dried plums can be beneficial for people suffering from osteoporosis.
- It helps to maintain the blood sugar level.
- Prunes contain Vitamin B and Vitamin C which helps to get rid of dry scalp and hair fall problems.
- Due to soluble fibers, prunes are helpful to your heart health.
- Prunes keep your cholesterol level in check, as they are good for your heart health.
- Research says people are in high cholesterol who consume prunes regularly for two months, have seen a significant decrease in LDL cholesterol.
- Prunes are a great snack for weight loss. It suppresses your hunger and sugar craving. They will keep you fuller for a long time.
- Prunes are also great to protect your lungs.
- As prunes are a great source of magnesium, it helps in your sleep cycle too. If you are having sleeping problems, then try having prunes with your daily diet. But don’t consume it in excess because it can also lead to bloating, gas or diarrhea.
- Prunes are also a great aid in your injury because it helps in muscle recovery. It supports your bone health.
- Prunes are helpful in your aging process because of their high antioxidant level.
This dry fruit offers so many healthy health benefits. Research recommends that you can eat 5 to 6 prunes(50 grams)per day. You can eat prunes in multiple ways like you can eat them as dry fruit, add it to your oatmeal, add it to your smoothie, or your salad, etc. Dried prunes can last up to six months.
Prunes are a powerhouse of nutrients.
Nutritional value of 5 prunes
- Fats – 0 gram
- Fiber – 3 grams
- potassium – 348g
- Sugar – 15 grams
- Calories – 115grams
Few more health benefits of prunes
- Serving two prunes can help you maintain gastrointestinal health. It helps in regular bowel movements. Prunes are helpful in constipation due to their fiber content.
- Prunes are also helpful to lower the risk of several chronic diseases.
- This dry fruit helps in promoting hair health. iron deficiency can lead to hair loss and grey hair. In that case, prunes are a great source of iron.
- Dried prunes have anti-inflammatory properties that are helpful for people suffering from arthritis.
- Prunes are high in antioxidants named phenols. Phenols help to protect the cells from free radical damage and also help in cardiovascular disease.
- This amazing fruit is a great source of Vitamin C which helps to build immunity and strong collagen.
Although yet eating a handful of prunes can be dangerous for your health. Don’t consume in excess. Also, avoid taking prunes on an empty stomach. As mentioned above it can cause diarrhea and stomach bloating troubles like you might feel a bit heavy and discomfort and gas etc. Consider prunes in a healthy way in your diet to get amazing results.