Generally, blood pressure means blood against blood vessel walls. Blood is pumped up into the entire body by the heart. Low blood pressure may be a genetic or temporary factor. It may be treated quickly or may cause a severe reaction. You can treat temporary low blood pressure by changing your dietary pattern. But in case of a severe reaction, you may need medical treatment. A person with low blood pressure may feel fatigued. In medical terms, it is called hypertension. Typically healthy blood pressure is about 120/80 mm/tg. Hypertension is when the blood pressure is below 90/60 mm/tg.
Some symptoms of low blood pressure are as follows:
Feeling Cold,blurred vision,depression,fainting,feeling fatigue,feeling thirsty,nausea,depression,sweating,low concentration level,weakness,dehydration.There are many other factors that are responsible for low blood pressure including lack of physical exercise and diet. Low blood pressure causes an inadequate flow of blood to the organs, which can cause stroke sometimes.
If you have low blood pressure, try some easy home remedies to treat it.
- Change your lifestyle, and eat small meals frequently because it will fill the gap between each meal and keep you filled with proper necessary nutrients which will help for proper blood flow and breathing pattern rather than heavy meals.
- Drink plenty of water which will hydrate your body and increase your blood pressure. Increase your sodium intake. Eat more salty food to balance your low blood pressure to raise up.
- Avoid alcohol or alcoholic beverage as they will lower your blood pressure.
- Don’t be too quick to move or get up from your seat, if you have low blood pressure because it can make you feel lightheaded and can cause you to faint. So don’t stand or sit for long periods. Correct your posture often while sitting.
This type of low blood pressure is known as postural hypotension or orthostatic hypertension. Low blood pressure can be a sign of an underlying problem in elderly people. It may cause inadequate blood flow to the heart and brain. The sudden drop in blood flow can be life-threatening it is mentioned earlier that changing lifestyle and maintaining an effective diet plan can relieve you from low blood pressure.
- Eat complex carbs such as oats, wheat or brown bread, barley, ragi, etc.
- You can eat almonds, and raisins to treat low blood pressure. Raisins can be a great help to treat low blood pressure. You can soak some raisins in water overnight and take it in the morning on empty stomach and drink the water in which the raisins have soaked.
- Caffeinated beverages like tea or coffee may help to increase blood pressure.
- Tulsi leaves are also a great home remedy to get rid of low blood pressure. Chew some tulsi leaves every morning. It contains potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin C which can help to keep control of your blood pressure level.
- Regular physical exercise 4 to 5 days a week can help you to lower your blood pressure level. Physical includes any type of cardiovascular activity that increases the heart rate and blood flow such as walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, dancing, etc. You can consult your doctor to provide you with guidelines for exercise and a proper diet chart.
- Above all one most important thing which is extremely vital before any treatment is to reduce your stress. Chronic stress may cause high blood pressure. That’s why to eliminate any kind of stress from life to cope with your treatment in a healthier way.
Monitor your blood pressure regularly at home and visit your doctor regularly to control your blood pressure.