Table of Contents
Let’s know Honey a little better
Honey is a liquid sweetener which is made by bees. They collect honey from flowers and buds which they take it to their hive and deposit it in their tiny, wax-like storage which is called honeycombs. They let it dry with their wings. A chemical process goes inside the hive and it gets stickier and that chemical process helps to make honey sweetener.
There are two types of honey: Raw honey and processed honey. You can get raw directly from hives but it needs to be processed to make it less sticky and easy to filter. Processing raw honey doesn’t damage its nutritional value but overheat and the process can lower its anti-oxidant quality. It has anti-inflammatory properties. It contains antioxidants that protect the body from inflammation. Eating honey can help you to increase anti-oxidant activity in the body. It has many great potential health benefits. Many people consider it a superfood. They include honey in their daily diet plan and food habits. Although it is a natural food but not safe for all. Eating raw honey can be risky to some. You should never give raw honey to your child under one year of age.
Let’s see the top benefits of Honey
- Honey helps in improving your gut health.
- It also has anti-fungal properties and anti-bacterial properties that heal wounds.
- Honey helps in boosting your immune power.
- Honey has great skin remedies abilities which may help you to get rid of acne-prone skin. It keeps your skin moist and gives you glowing skin when you mix it with a little lemon. It has great bleaching properties that give you fair and glowy skin. It’s a perfect skin cleanser for your skin.
- Honey helps you for faster sleep. Honey and milk mixture can help you for better sleep.
- It is also used for sore throat and considered the best home remedy for dry and wet cough.
- Honey fights against skin infection.
- Honey boosts your metabolism and helps you before and after work out. You will get instant energy after having honey. Including honey in your daily diet can do wonders. You can add it to your toast or milk or tea. You will feel energetic throughout the day.
- It is also beneficial for kids as well.
- It also helps you to reduce your cholesterol level.
Why you should add it to your daily life
The goodness of honey has multiple benefits that can have in their life. Choosing honey over your processed sugar will give you long-term health benefits. It contains glucose, magnesium, potassium, sodium chloride, iron, and phosphorus. Processed honey is easily available at your nearest grocery store. This is usually filtered, honey. Pasteurization helps to keep its shelf life and helps in preventing pasteurization. Raw honey or natural honey stored directly from beehives doesn’t include any artificial additives. If you want to add raw honey to your daily life, better purchase it from a reputable vendor to ensure quality.
You will get a variety of honey in the market. The names identify from which flowers the honeybee has extracted the nectar for the honey-making process. Different flowers and plants have different nutritional benefits. For example, Manuka honey is more powerful than other varieties of honey. Honey is both dark and light in color that depends on the honeybee from which it has got the nectar. Dark color honey is known for their strong flavor like Manuka honey and light color honey are known for their flowery fragrance sweet flavor. Always keep honey away from sunlight in a cool and dark place. If someone has an allergy they should talk to their doctor for medicinal uses.