A big tree is also embedded into a small tiny seed, a larger blue whale is also hidden in its embryo. It proves that all the bigger and greatest things come from a tiny ‘Seed’.
Hey all, today we will be talking about the goodness of Pumpkin seeds. Including this, we will also know various information about this which will make you say, ‘Woah such an incredible thing this tiny seed is!’
It is said, Good things come from small packages. The same is with seeds. They may look small but are the origin of life. These tiny seeds have embedded a full life-originating potential in them. Then what can be more incredible and miraculous than this?
In Hindi, Pumpkin seeds are also called ‘Kaddu ke beej. These are small almond-shaped, green-colored seeds that are found in the middle of the pumpkin fruit.
Appearance of Pumpkin seeds
When fresh, they looks lemon green in color, after getting dehydrated and shell removed they looks greenish (olive green) in color.
In this article we will cover the following things about Pumpkin seeds:
- Nutrition in Pumpkin seed
- How to consume Pumpkin seeds
- What is the right amount to take Pumpkin seeds
- How to choose the right Pumpkin seeds
- Health benefits of Pumpkin seeds
- Who should not eat Pumpkin seeds?
I hope covering all these points will be optimum and will answer all the questions about ‘Pumpkin seeds’ bewildering in your mind. So let’s move.
Nutrition in Pumpkin seeds:
Pumpkin seeds can be said as the powerhouse of nutrition. It has almost all the healthy nutritive values in it. Some of them are listed below.
- Omega 3,4 fatty acids
- Vitamin E, K
- Amino acids and many more
How to consume Pumpkin seeds?
Now one question comes, these seeds are very healthy but how to eat it? Shall we munch it directly, but it will be bit boring isn’t it. Let’s find some of the yummy and healthy way to eat Pumpkin seeds.
- Firstly roast pumpkin seeds nicely, and after getting cool store them in a glass container to last long. It will be handy for you to use.
- You can toss some of the roasted pumpkin seeds in your salad. It will increase the nutritive value of your food, and will also give it a healthy and tasty look.
- Adding some pumpkin seed powder as regular smoothies and milkshakes will do miracles for health. It is the best way to give such seeds to kids, without letting them know.
- You can also make chikkis of pumpkin seeds or mixed with other nuts like cashews and peanuts as well.
- You can mix roasted pumpkin seeds in your regular oatmeal or granola, as a healthy breakfast option.
- It’s a healthy and tasty way to prepare pumpkin seed butter, as we have peanut butter. It will be a fun idea to give healthy food to your picky eaters.
- You can ground pumpkin seeds, and use them in your soups, curries, cupcakes, cutlets, etc. It will not adhere to the taste and will be a good appetizer.
How much amount of pumpkin seeds we should intake?
The right amount configured for pumpkin seeds depends upon age and health condition as well. A handful of pumpkin seeds are enough for a day. If you are eating it in a chewed form, chew nicely as unchewed ones can lead to bowel problems.
You can take a teaspoon of roasted powder, with a half glass of lukewarm water or milk. It’s very healthy. Many people also like to take pumpkin seeds in sprouted form. This actually doubles the benefits.
How to choose the right Pumpkin seeds?
In this world of adulteration, almost all the food products are found mixed up with several things. So how should we find natural and organic Pumpkin seeds which can promise to make no mixes?
When going to purchase pumpkin seeds, you should always ask for organic ones. It may cost some more than of normal one, but is always less expensive than your health, isn’t it!
Secondly, it should be gluten-free, vegan, and homegrown as well. There are many websites and seed and nut stores too where you can find the best pumpkin seeds. While purchasing, make sure the seeds are not wrinkled or having a foul smell. It should look fresh and plump as well.
They can be stored in an airtight container, or can also deep freeze to last long.
Health benefits of Pumpkin seeds
Now come back to the vital part of our article, it is what are the health benefits of Pumpkin seeds. Let’s have a look to these.
1. Good for Bone health
These seeds are highly rich is calcium which makes them a very good friend of your bones. It is also rich in magnesium which is very important for bone formation. It keeps arthritis and osteoporosis at bay and keeps you fun-filled and energetic till older age! Isn’t it a good reason to munch these seeds?
2. Keeps you hair, skin healthy and beautiful
Who doesn’t want to look youthful for long! Everyone does, isn’t it? So pumpkin seeds are going to be your best friend in this challenge. Pumpkin seeds are rich in antioxidants, Vitamin A, E, and K which aids in cell regeneration and also protect your skin from free radicals and pollutants.
The presence of minerals like zinc, copper, and selenium helps to keep your hair strong and dense. If you are worried about your thin and fade hair color, then don’t waste money on extra hair packs and accessories.
Just add pumpkin seeds in your daily diet and see the wonders. Your hair will get like those of rapunzel!
3. Good for Bladder and prostate health
If you are suffering from weak bladder health, then must include pumpkin seeds in your diet. Several researches too proves that pumpkin seeds play a vital role to keep your bladder and prostate health good.
Specially the oil derived from pumpkin seeds, has proven to slow down or cure the effects of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
4. Aids in healthy weight loss
Are the sizes of your clothes xl or XXL, they must include these seeds in your diet. These nutty and crunchy seeds can be taken just after your meal. These can make you feel full for long, hence you will not crave to have extra calories.
In addition, dietary fibers present will fasten your metabolism thus your body has to burn more calories to digest the seeds. Through this, you will feel light and there will be weight loss in a healthy way.
5. Improves fertility
Low sperm count and infertility in men are associated and caused due to low antioxidants and zinc levels in the body. Pumpkin seeds are packed with sodium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper, and other minerals which helps to improve the quality and quantity of sperm count.
The other nutrients present may also help to improve the quality of testosterone and balance the levels. Thus the addition of pumpkin seed to the daily diet may help to improve fertility.
6. Improves brain health and keeps depression at bay
All the nutrients present in pumpkin seeds like zinc, manganese, copper, and other antioxidants are excellent for brain health. They protect your brain from free radicals, avoiding any kind of neuro-related disorders.
In the present era, most of us are suffering from depression and stress disorders, which are also silent poison for us. These nutrients present in pumpkin seeds help in the secretion of feel-good hormones like oxytocin, endorphin in your brain thus keeping depression at bay.
Is Pumpkin seeds suitable for everyone or does it have some risk factors?
Everything is not good for everyone. Like drinking 8 glasses of water is good for us but is it the same for a kidney patient? Of Course not, it will be a latent poison for them.
Although pumpkin seeds are packed with nutrients, they are not safe for everyone. There are some age groups and people for whom these nectars can be hazardous.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in fiber content, and excess amounts of fiber can lead to gas, stomach cramps, and flatulence.
- It’s always safe to give ground seeds to kids, as they can’t chew them properly and may get stomach-related issues.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should take them in some amount as overdose can lead to fat accumulation, which is not safe for baby and mum as well.
So in this way, we saw all the queries about Pumpkin seeds. I hope this article answers all your questions and answers related to Pumpkin seeds.
Do you know that pumpkin seeds are much healthier than pumpkin itself? Strange na, the healthiest part of the fruit is thrown away!
Use these tiny but incredible seeds in your daily diet and you will see the wonders you!
Buy Pumpkin seeds from Amazon
If you feel these tiny seeds are fit for you, then from today only include them in your daily diet. It will do wonders for your health. Take care and stay well.
Very nice information on pumpkin seeds and it’s health benefits