Table of Contents
Menopause is a phase experienced by every woman between 40-50 years. It is a natural phenomenon in which ovaries gradually reduce estrogen production. Menopause means the cessation of menstrual cycle in women. The monthly cycle which women experience every month starts to stop gradually or become irregular due to gradual decrease in the production of estrogen hormone. It is a natural phenomenon in all women. Due to present lifestyle, in few of the races, menopause can occur at the age of 35-36, which is becoming more common these days. It is a natural biological cycle that every woman has to go through. It marks the permanent end to monthly period and menopause is confirmed when a woman has no menstruation for one year in a row. Having prior knowledge about the same helps the woman to be mentally prepared for this phase of life.
- Irrespective of age, if menstrual cycle stops without any signs and symptoms and phsiological dysfunctions, it need not be considered as a health problem but if the individual suffers from any health complaint for 4 months to few years, then there is a need of medical supervision.
- According to Ayurveda, menopause is known as “Rajonvritti Kala”. “Raja” means “menstruation” and “Nivritti” means the “cessation” or “stoppage” and “kala” means “time-period”.
- Ayurvedic treatment includes measures to pacify Dosha alongwith symptomatic treatment. Between 40-50 years, both “Pitta” and “Vata” are aggravated. So Ayurvedic treatment includes measures to pacify “Vata” and “Pitta” dosha.
- A woman must make conscious efforts to eat healthy and nutritious food during menopause, must practice yoga, pranayam and Meditation to cope up with stress or depression being experienced in this stage. Woman must remember that nothing is permanent in life. How everything can be permanent in this temporary life? Menopause is not the end of life.
Symptoms of Menopausal Phase:
- Irregular Menstruation
- Prolonged bleeding or scanty menstruation
- Backache– non-specific kind
- Neuritis or numbness of body parts
- Excess sweating
- Excessive tiredness
- Mood swings
- Inferiority or constant grief
- Peptic ulcers
- Loss of sleep/disturbed sleep
- Abdominal discomfort
- Hot flashes especially at night
- Breast tenderness
- Vaginal dryness
- Discomfort during sexual intercourse
- Urine leakage during coughing or sneezing
- These symptoms may vary depending on hereditary factors, body constitution of the female, mental status, working conditions, lifestyle, stress levels etc. The severity of symptoms may vary from woman to woman.
- The knowledge about the presence of such a stage and awareness of symptoms is very important. If the symptoms are mild and can be easily managed with simple remedies like- oil massage, then no treatment is required. But in severe cases like- severe stress, stress, excessive sweating, heavy bleeding with clots etc. then there is a requirement of treatment.
Osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, depleted calcium and bone strength are common symptoms after menopause. Hence regular oil massage with sesame oil/ mahanarayan oil/ ksheerbala oil is quite useful in depleted calcium levels/ body ache/ sleeping problems/ joint pains. Oil massage must be done regularly.
A diet rich in Calcium:
- Green leafy vegetables, flaxseed, almonds, sesame seeds, chickpeas, peanuts, walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds, spinach must be included in the diet.
- Including cow’s ghee in the diet is very essential.
Cumin seeds & Fenugreek Powder
- 50 grams each are to be fried in 50 grams of ghee. To it, 50 grams of jaggery is added and this mixture is powdered well. This is to be made into round balls of 10 grams each. 1 or 2 round balls must be taken with lukewarm milk. This remedy prevents the trace elemental deficiency caused during menopause.
- 5 grams each of cashewnut, groundnut, sesame seeds, honey or jaggery and ginger powder are taken and pounded well. This semisolid paste is to be taken along with warm water early in the morning. This remedy helps in restoring vitality and prevents fatigue and other symptoms which are commonly found during menopause.
- Maintaining a habit of walking in fresh air early morning is very essential.
- Every woman is unique and special and expert team of Planet Ayurveda believes in providing best care to women during menopause.
NARI KALYAN CHURNA
Nari Kalyan Churna of Planet Ayurveda is a natural, safe product for women experiencing menopause phase. This product provides relief from insomnia, hot flushes, weakness, anxiety and mood swings. This churna is made from the mixture of-
- Shatavari(Asparagus racemosus)– Shatavari is considered as a best friend of women of all age groups. This herb also maintains estrogen hormone levels in the body which is responsible for menopause in women.
- Ashwagandha(Withania somnifera)– This herb is also known as “Indian ginseng”. It helps to remove stress levels as well as provides strength to the muscles.
- Brahmi(Bacopa monnieri)– This herb has an effect on brain and it provides relief from insomnia, anxiety and also enhances memory and concentration.
- Jatamansi(Nardostachys jatamansi)– Jatamansi is quite effective for providing relief in menopause symptoms.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonfull 2 times a day with plain water.
- Pradarantak Churna of Planet Ayurveda balances all the three energies of body– Kinetic Energy, Thermal Energy and Potential Energy. This herbal product of Planet Ayurveda is prepared keeping in mind the irregularities in menstrual cycle or earlier menstrual syndrome.
This product of Planet Ayurveda is a combination of :
- (i) Arjuna(Terminalia arjuna)– This herb is quite useful in providing relief in symptoms associated with menopause. It is useful in anxiety, sleeplessness, stress etc.
- (ii) Lodhra(Symplocus racemosa)– This herb is quite useful in dealing with the pain associated with pre-menstrual syndrome.
- (iii) Ashoka(Saraca indica)– Ashoka is a wonderful herb especially created for women. It has properties that fight against pre-menstrual syndrome.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful 2 times a day with plain water.
FEMALE HEALTH SUPPORT:
- Female Health Support formulation of Planet Ayurveda helps to treat the various problems of female health.
This product of Planet Ayurveda is a mixture of:
(i) Shatavari(Asparagus racemosus)– This herb maintains the hormonal levels of the females. It provides relief from the menopausal symptoms like- anxiety, mood fluctuations, and hot flashes.
(ii) Ashoka(Saraca indica)– This is an excellent herb which balances female hormones and fights against menstrual cycle irregularities.
(iii) Lodhra(Symplocus racemosa)– This herb is effective against various menstruation problems including menopause.
Dosage: 2 Capsules twice a day with plain water.
Diet: Avoid high amounts of fried foods. Excessive salt intake must also be avoided. Avoid sweets and sugar. If woman experience too much hot flashes, then avoid excess spicy food and coffee. Diet rich in calcium and green leafy vegetables is recommended.
Read More :
- How to Avoid Symptoms of Menopause with Natural Home Remedies
- MRSA Infection – Causes, Symptoms & Ayurvedic Treatment
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Sarcoidosis – Signs, Symptoms, Causes & Diagnosis
- Top 7 Effective Natural Treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Natural Treatment in Ayurveda
- Menopause Skincare Tips For Younger Looking Skin
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Endometriosis
- Top 10 inexpensive and healthy food to stay fit
- Ewing Sarcoma – Symptoms , Diagnoses & Treatment in Ayurveda
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension – Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis & Treatment