Table of Contents
Sarcoidosis is a type of inflammatory disease which affects many organs of the body. This condition is characterized by the growth of inflammatory cells in different parts of body organs. The organs which are affected by sarcoidosis are lungs, eyes, skin and lymph nodes. The grown abnormal masses are called as granulomas and the granuloma occurs in the sarcoidosis which ultimately alters the normal structure as well as a function of affected organs.
What are the Etiological Factors of Sarcoidosis?
The exact cause of sarcoidosis is not known but still, there are some etiological factors which can result in sarcoidosis.
- This disease can also occur due to genetic factors.
- Our body’s immune system protects our body from various viruses and bacteria, but if there is an accumulation of the immune cells it results in the form of granulomas within the affected organs.
What are the risk factors for sarcoidosis?
- Family history and genetic factors
- Women are at a greater risk to develop this disease.
- It commonly occurs between the age of 20-40 years.
- African and Americans are at higher risk of developing sarcoidosis.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Sarcoidosis?
Sometimes, sarcoidosis is asymptomatic and sometimes, it is asymptomatic and the symptoms can be seen in the x-ray taken for some other reason. Symptoms occur and stay for a longer period of time. Sometimes symptoms appear and fade away very quickly.
- General signs and symptoms are fever, weight loss, lymph node inflammation, fatigue and general weakness.
- If the skin is affected, symptoms are nodules, changes in color, lesions, and reddish purple bumps are seen especially on the ankles of skin and some rashes.
- If lungs are affected, symptoms are shortness of breath, dry cough which is constant, wheezing and chest pain.
- If eyes are affected, symptoms are blurred vision, insensitivity to light, pain in the eyes and redness.
How to Diagnose Sarcoidosis
- Chest X-ray for enlarged lymph or lung damage.
- If complications are suspected, computed tomography or CT scan can be performed.
- Magnetic resonance imaging or Positron emission tomography (PET) scan if sarcoidosis seems to be affecting your central nervous system or heart.
- Blood tests to check your overall health and how well your liver and kidneys are functioning.
- Pulmonary function tests or lung function tests to measure lung volume and how much oxygen your lungs deliver to your blood.
- Examination of eyes to check for vision problems that may be caused by sarcoidosis.
What can be the Complications of Sarcoidosis?
- Damage to joints- joint abnormalities
- Damage to kidneys- kidney failure
- Damage to heart- abnormal heart rhythms
- Damage to eyes- cataract, glaucoma
- Damage to lungs- shortness of breath
- Damage to the nervous system- facial paralysis
Treatment of Sarcoidosis
There is no cure for sarcoidosis, but to eradicate the symptoms of sarcoidosis some medicine practitioners give medications. Surgery is also done to completely eradicate the disease. Medicines such as corticosteroids, immune suppressants, hydroxychloroquine and TNF alpha inhibitors can be used to treat the symptoms.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Sarcoidosis
- This disease can be better treated and managed by ayurvedic therapy. Ayurveda thinks different as compared to modern medicine. Although sarcoidosis is an autoimmune disease, every cell of the body knows its functions and works in an intelligent way. There are amazing herbal medicines for sarcoidosis.
- Ayurvedic medicines are natural, herbal, safe, effective and with lesser side effects.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Sarcoidosis by Planet Ayurveda
Ayurveda offers best herbal formulations for the treatment of almost all kind of diseases. Planet ayurveda is considered as the best place to buy the herbal medications which are best, effective, safe and with lesser side effects. Planet Ayurveda offers sarco care pack for the treatment of sarcoidosis. All these herbal medications are 100% pure, vegetarian as well as natural.
It is a wonderful remedy which consists of punarnava, trivrit, shunthi, pippali, marich and vidanga. It helps in removal of the toxins from the body. The recommended dosage of this medicine is 2 tablets twice daily after half an hour of meals with plain water.
It is a wonderful remedy which is prepared by blending various herbs which work in a wonderful way to treat sarcoidosis. It consists of kachnaar bark, amalaki, haritaki, bibhitaki, shunthi, marich, pippali and varuna. It consists of herbs which acts in a synergistic way to treat the sarcoidosis. This medication does wonders in sarcoidosis by subsiding any kind of growth in the body. It helps in removing excessively accumulated kapha from the body channels. All these herbs help in the healthy functioning of the cells. The recommended dosage of kanchnaar guggul is 2 tablets thrice a day after half an hour of meals.
Curcumin capsules are a wonderful herbal remedy in the treatment of sarcoidosis. These capsules are prepared with pure extract of curcumin. It helps in reduction of swelling and inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps in restricting the cell proliferation. Its angiogenetic properties help in the prevention of formation of extra blood supply which further prevents the growth of cells. Curcumin capsules help in protecting the other parts of the body. That is the reason this medicine is safer and effective in sarcoidosis. The recommended dosage of curcumin capsules is 2 tablets three times a day half an hour after meals with plain water.
These capsules are composed of ashwagandha, neem, haridra, shirish. This product is safe in the treatment of sarcoidosis. Intake of these capsules helps in the management of symptoms like chest pain, dyspnoea, and constant dry cough. This is the reason this product is wonderful in the treatment of sarcoidosis.
Read More :
- How to Protect Yourself From Dengue Fever-Best Herbal Remedy for Dengue Patient
- Ayurvedic cure of ulcerative colitis with Natural Remedies
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension – Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Why Does Arthritis Pain Feel Worse When It Rains?
- Why Cartilage is Important in the Skeletal System (and Natural Ways to Protect It)
- Natural Ayurvedic Herbs for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- How to get rid of Hernia – Brief overview
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP) – Symptoms, Causes, Dietary &Treatment in Ayurveda
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Natural Treatment in Ayurveda
- Natural Diet & Herbs for Ulcerative Colitis