What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
It is an autoimmune disease, autoimmune diseases are illness when body’s tissue are mistakenly attacked by their own immune system, which attacks on joints and other body parts. It attacks on the synovial joints. It is an inflammatory situation in which tremendous pain and swelling occurs. This eventually leads to immobility.
It commonly affects the joints of hands, feet, wrists, elbow, knees and ankles. It also affects the body system such as cardiovascular system and respiratory system, which is also called as systemic disease.
In this swelling of synovial cell, synovial fluid and development of the tissues in the synovium occurs, which are the most common characteristic features of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
What are the Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Joint pain
- Join tenderness
- Joint swelling
- Joint warmth
- Joint stiffness
- Small joints wrists, certain join of the hand and feet are affected.
- Weight loss
- Firm bumps under the skin on your arms.
- Weight loss.
- Join deformity
- Loss of joint function
- Both side of the body affected (symmetric)
What are Common Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- It is also called as cooked food disease.
- Heredity is the major cause of this disease.
- Stress, hormonal imbalance, infection, shock and injury may be the other cause.
- Deficiency of vitamin D can also the another cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Smoking can also be another cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
What are the complications of Rheumatoid Arthritis?
If the disease is not treated on time then it can cause another complications like-
- Lung disease
- Cardio-vascular disease.
- Carpel tunnel syndrome.
How Rheumatoid Arthritis can Diagnosed?
People with rheumatoid arthritis have an increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate or C-reactive protein, which may indicate the presence of an inflammatory process in the body.
X-ray can track the progression of rheumatoid arthritis in joints.
MRI and ultrasound test can help in check for severity of the disease in the body.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Natural Treatment in Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, there are three energies- vata, pitta and kapha in body. These energies in a balanced state represent a healthy body. Vitiated energies result in diseases. According to Ayurveda rheumatoid arthritis (Amavata) is due to imbalance of vata dosha. Intake of vata and kapha-aggravating foods lead to the impairment of digestive fire which forms ama (toxin) in body. Toxins accumulation leads to rheumatoid arthritis. To treat the rheumatoid arthritis naturally, herbs in Ayurveda pacifies the vata dosha along with kapha and eliminate the toxins from body. Use of herbs helps to improve the digestive fire and prevent the formation of ama (toxins) in body.
Planet Ayurveda offers a wide range of herbal products which can be taken as supplements on regular basis for couple of months. We have listed few below, please have a look!
Joint aid Plus
- It is the combination of anti-arthritic herbs, which are very beneficial for treating the rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is the combination of herbs like boswellia, guggal, ginger, ashwagandha etc. which help to fight all types of arthritis.
- The degeneration of joints can also be controlled by this formula.
- These all herbs work together and help in reducing pain and swelling.
Dosage -2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Boswellia curcumin is a mixture of Shallaki (Boswellia curcumin) and Harida (Curcuma longa).
- These both are very effective in their actions.
- It is very useful in inflammatory and painful conditions in rheumatoid arthritis.
- It reduces the swelling and pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
Dosage– 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
- It contains extract of pure herb Ashwagandha.
- Ashwagandha has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is used to improve swelling and blood supply.
- It has pain-relieving properties thus it is used for various musculo-skeletal disorders like rheumatoid arthritis
Dosage-2 capsules twice daily after meal with plain water.
- t is anti-inflammatory and detoxifying herbal formula.
- It is a natural remedy for rheumatoid arthritis.
- It contains Ashwagandha, haridra, methi, suranjan, gorakhmukhi and sonth, which act synergistically to control chronic and acute pain in joints.
Dosage-1 teaspoon twice daily in a day with plain water.
Rumogin 5 Capsules-
- It contains curcumin, saunth, shallaki, maricha and pippali, which help together towards complete detoxification of the body and making the joints healthy and movable again.
- It helps in managing rheumatoid arthritis effectively
Dosage-2 capsules twice daily with water after meal.
What are Dietary and Life Style Recommendations?
- Use olive oil for cooking.
- Do not use junk, fried and all types of packed food.
- Do not eat curd at night.
- Do not use too much of potatoes, peas, chick peas and soybeans etc.
- Massage with olive oil, coconut oil or mustard oil to get rid of pain.
- Try to lose weight if there is obesity.
- Avoid get exposing in cold environment.
- Take some specific fish like salmon, tuna and cold water fish because they have inflammation fighting omega 3 fatty acids and help to reduce inflammatory proteins of body, take at least once or twice in a week.
- Make use of garlic, ginger and onion.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurvedic Medicine) is an expert Ayurveda consultant in Chandigarh (India). He has vast experience of herbs and their applied uses. He has successfully treated numerous patients suffering from various ailments, throughout the world. He is CEO and Founder of Krishna Herbal Company and Planet Ayurveda in Chandigarh, India. WEBSITE – WWW.PLANETAYURVEDA.COM