ITP-Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is a condition which results in excessive bruising and bleeding. It is an auto immune disorder, which affects children and adults. Children more often develop ITP after a viral infection. Although most cases of acute ITP, particularly in children, are mild and self-limited, intracranial hemorrhage might occur when the platelet count drops.
The cause of ITP is unknown and it’s not contagious, which means you cannot “catch it” from someone suffering from ITP.
What are the Symptoms of ITP?
A normal platelet count is 150,000 to 450,000. With ITP, the platelet count is less than 100,000.
- Easy or excessive bruising (purpura)
- Superficial bleeding into the skin that appears as a rash of pinpoint-sized reddish-purple spots (petechiae), usually on the lower legs
- Bleeding from the gums or nose
- Blood in urine or stools
- Unusually heavy menstrual flow
- Vomiting with blood (Hematemesis)
- Bleeding with a head injury which can be life-threatening in a child with ITP.
What are the Causes of ITP?
In few cases, the thrombocytopenia is a result of an autoimmune disorder which destroys the platelets. If the cause of this immune reaction is unknown, the condition is called idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. Idiopathic means “of an unknown cause.”
- Immune system problems
- Viral infections like chicken pox
- Some medicines or vaccines
How is ITP diagnosed in a child?
Complete blood count or CBC.
Peripheral smear- This test involves the description of the blood cells by smearing a drop of blood on a glass slide.
Bone marrow aspiration: It is a method which involves taking a sample from the tissue present inside the bones.
What are the complications of ITP in a child?
- Serious bleeding
- Complications from medicines used to treat ITP
According to Ayurveda, ITP is a Pitta imbalance disorder. Our body is made up of 5 elements which are Earth (Prithvi), water (Jal), fire (Agni), air (Vayu) and space (Akash) and Pitta is the fire element. We need to strike a balance between these elements.
In order to pacify the imbalanced Pitta casing ITP, Planet Ayurveda has a combination of medicines which are very natural and pure.
Ayurvedic medicines and therapies are considered as the most effective and safe approach in treating ITP. Ayurvedic herbs stop the process of forming antibodies that destroy the platelets. This eventually manages the symptoms like bleeding, patches on skin etc. Ayurvedic way of treatment focuses on increasing the platelet count naturally.
Planet Ayurveda offers a complete treatment for ITP in the form of ITP combo pack for Adults, ITP combo pack for Children and ITP combo pack for infants.
Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Include
ITP COMBO PACK for infants (less than 3years) includes the products listed below:
|1||Giloy Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|2||Ashwagandha Capsules||1 Bottle (60 Capsules)|
|3||G-Plat Capsules||2 Bottles (60 Capsules)|
|4||Suvarna Basant Malti Ras||2 Bottles (40 Pills)|
|5||Kumar Kalyan Ras||1 Bottle (30 Tablets)|
|6||Arvindasava Syrup||2 Bottles (400 ml)|
|7||Immuz-XP Syrup||5 Bottles (500 ml)|
|8||Infee Syrup||3 Bottles (300 ml)|
|9||Immubuild Syrup||3 Bottles (600 ml)|
G-Plat Capsules: It is an immune booster and increases the platelet counts.
The recommended dosage of G-Plat capsules for infants is 1 capsule two times daily.
Swarn Basant Malti Ras tablets: It is a dietary supplement that contains Swarna bhasma, mukta bhasma.
- It helps to maintain a healthy body temperature.
- It supports healthy respiratory functions.
- It supports a healthy immune system.
- It aids in maintaining a healthy memory.
- It helps to balance Kapha and vata dosha.
The recommended dosage of Swarn Basant Malti Ras for infants is 1 tablet once a day.
Kumar Kalyan Ras: Kumar Kalyan ras is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of ITP.
The recommended dosage of Kumar Kalyan Ras tablets for infants is 1 tablet once a day.
Giloy Capsules: Giloy is considered as an excellent blood purifier. Moreover, giloy is also a magnificent immune-modulator thus, helps in increasing white blood cells in the body.
The recommended dosage of Giloy capsules for infants is 1 capsule two times a day.
Ashwagandha Capsules: Ashwagandha root is an adaptogen and an excellent immuno modulator. It boosts the production of red and white blood cells along with increasing the platelet levels.
The recommended dosage of Ashwagandha capsules is
Arvindasava Syrup –This syrup is an Ayurvedic medicine classified under the Arishta Category used as digestive tonic in infants and children. It improves appetite and increases physical and mental strength. It promotes optimum growth and development of the child. In Ayurveda, it is also recommended in the treatment of all types of health conditions or diseases related to the children.
The recommended dosage is 1 teaspoon two times every day.
Immuz-XP Syrup- It is an immune booster.
The recommended dosage is 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
Infee Syrup -Builds immunity, boosts recovery. Ensures healthy growth of a child.
The recommended dosage is 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
Immubuild Syrup- Builds immunity, speeds up the process of recovery and ensures the proper growth of the child.
The recommended dosage is – 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
DIETARY RECOMMENDATIONS TO INCREASE BLOOD PLATELET COUNT.
- Carrot and beetroot juice is highly effective to increase the platelet count. 50 ml once or twice is helpful.
- Drink ½ glass of fresh pumpkin juice daily.
- Boil 4 or 5 leaves of fresh spinach in 2 cups of water for a few minutes. Allow it to cool, filter and have two times daily.
- Pomegranate juice is also highly beneficial. You can drink a glass of pomegranate juice daily.
FOODS YOU MUST EAT
- Eat foods like cantaloupes, spinach, carrot, kale, sweet potatoes and broccoli.
- Eat beet root as a salad with your meals.
- Consuming 3 to 4 gooseberries (amla) on an empty stomach every morning.
NO DIARY PRODUCTS
- All the products are 100% pure.
- Efficacy of the herbs is checked in the labs before making any herbal formulation.
- Products are free from chemicals, preservatives, starch and any color.
- All the products are manufactured under the guidance of highly experienced MD Ayurveda doctors.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurvedic Medicine) is an expert Ayurveda consultant in Chandigarh (India). He has vast experience of herbs and their applied uses. He has successfully treated numerous patients suffering from various ailments, throughout the world. He is CEO and Founder of Krishna Herbal Company and Planet Ayurveda in Chandigarh, India. WEBSITE – WWW.PLANETAYURVEDA.COM