A lot of us are fed up with dandruff and hair fall. Almost all of us want smooth, shiny and frizz free hair and for this we use all types of cosmetic products available. Some of them give the desired results, some are effective for a short period of time but every product contains a high amount of chemicals. These chemicals harm our scalp, our hair and sometimes irritate our eyes while we wash it out.
Do you want soft, healthy, dandruff-free, thick, long, and beautiful hair? Of course, because hair adds a lot to our beauty. To get this hair quality, you don’t need to damage your scalp or your hair with the chemicals. Have you ever tried to make a homemade hair pack for frizzy hair to counter all these problems? You might have tried something and didn’t notice any improvement or you might have never tried it at all. The hair pack we’re going to learn about is a definite solution to all your issues.
Why did I make this hair pack?
As almost everyone is at home these days with their family, so am I. One day, my sister came to me and asked me for a solution to her hair problems. She was too exasperated and hopeless after trying many cosmetics and investing ample amounts of money in it. She asked me to prepare something Ayurvedic for her. This led me to make this hair pack.
Ingredients of frizzy hair pack
Being aware of the fact that I can’t go out to collect herbs, I needed to prepare the hair pack with the herbs easily available in my surroundings or in the garden.
I needed herbs which:
- Curb dandruff
- Work against hair fall
- Can initiate hair growth
- Smoothen the hair
- Nourish hair
To solve all these frizzy hair problems I selected the following herbs
Neem (Azadirachta indica)
This herb not only benefits in health but also has magical effects on the skin as well as hair. Neem possesses several properties to benefit our hair. These are:
- Anti-dandruff property -Neem is antibacterial and antifungal. This property helps in reducing dandruff.
- Anti-hairfall property- This herb seals the hair follicles and strengthens them as well. It promotes hair growth.
- Prevents premature greying – Neem contains a large amount of antioxidants which prevent premature greying of hair.
- Other properties- It treats dry and fragile hair ends. Shaggy and shabby hair are the result of dry and frizzy hair ends. This is the reason for stunted hair growth too.
Harsingaar/ Parijat (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis)
Ever imagined that new hair can be grown by just applying herbs? If not, then this is the herb for you. Night jasmine is proved to be effective in curing alopecia (sudden hairfall). Its seeds are being used for thousands of years to treat hair loss. Also, its leaf acts as an antifungal. Its beautiful flowers too have benefits for hair. Its flower nourishes hair and is used for getting long and healthy hair.
Hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis)
One of the causes of hair loss is deficiency of Vitamin C. Hibiscus flowers are enriched with Vitamin C. It also contains amino acids that produce keratin (building block of hair) and thus promotes hair growth and hair thickness. Moreover, this herb also cures baldness. Besides all these properties its flowers and leaves act as natural conditioners. It is a cure for itching and dandruff too. Read more here
It moisturizes dry hair, makes them soft and lustrous. Aloevera is enriched with proteolytic enzymes which help in treating scalp’s dead skin cells. It tends to be a natural cleaner as it removes dirt and extra sebum. This property of aloevera helps in fighting with dandruff too. It has proven benefits in prevention of hair loss and hair breakage as it contains Vitamin B12 and folic acid. With the use of aloe vera you can turn your lifeless, weak and fragile hair into flawless strong and shiny hair.
Yoghurt is used by most of us. It acts as a conditioner, hydrates the scalp, improves shine and makes your hair strong.
It is enriched with Vitamin C, citric acid, calcium and many others. Lemon acts as an antifungal, removes extra sebum and cleans up the scalp. Some say it can whiten your hair. You shouldn’t be scared because it will not do so if used with moderation. But beware don’t use it in large amounts.
Quantity and part used of various herbs
- Leaves 5-7 leaves.
- Parijat (Night flowering Jasmine)
- Leaves- 4-5
- Seeds – 15-20 seeds
- Flowers –10-15
Note- I didn’t use flowers as it wasn’t the blooming season.
- Flowers- 4-5
- Leaves – 6-7
- Gel – around one large spoon
- Curd – 3 tablespoons.
- Lemon –half
Method of preparation
- Wash the leaves of neem, aloevera, harsingar, hibiscus. Put them aside.
- Remove the thorns from aloevera using a knife. Then gently remove it’s one upper layer. Now extract Aloe Vera gel using a spoon.Keep it in a bowl.
- Remove stamens and stigma from hibiscus.
- Now take all of the ingredients excluding lemon and grind it into a smooth paste. I prefer to grind it traditionally using a grindstone. But you can do it in a mixer grinder too.
- Put this paste in a bowl. Add a few drops of lemon and mix it with a spoon. Your hair pack is ready now.
Method of application
- Firstly, apply this pack on the roots of hair.
- Then apply it over your hair strands in downward direction.
- Keep it for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse it off using water, you don’t need to apply shampoo.
- Comb it and love your soft and shiny hair.
Note – For better results, use this hair pack twice a week.
In conclusion, it works. Try it out and share your feedback
If you are still in doubt if this really works, then try it once and see the results for yourself.
Sharing my personal experience with you, this hair pack gave me strong, soft, shiny hair. In this season of rain, this helped me in managing my hair fall issues. I experienced less hair fall after using this. My sister is so much satisfied with this pack that she asks me to make it every week for her. Like me, she too has experienced less hair fall and got rid of dandruff. She was so fussed about her hair that she chopped them off at the very beginning of this year. But now she is convinced and excited to grow them long again.