Table of Contents
Eyes are the most precious gift from nature to us. It enables us to see all the beauties around us, which is just blissful. Can you imagine a world everything is black? Same case would be there if, there were no eyes. Due to several factors, this precious thing gets weakened. Today we will be telling you some of the very easy home remedies to increase eyesight.
All the body parts are precious with their very own functions. In all these our crystal-clear, small and beautiful eyes are like just bliss! It provides us eyesight which makes us able to see.
How the Eye works?
When you look at an object, light rays reflected from the object hit the transparent cornea at the front of your eye. The rays are partly focused and pass through the pupil, which enlarges or constricts depending on light conditions. The lens varies its focusing power for near and distant objects and fine-focuses the rays to create a sharp image on the fovea, the most responsive area of the light-sensitive retina at the back of the eye.
Retina; in the eyes is embedded with two types of special cells which has their own distinctive functions. It is important to know about those, for a cleared view of eye functioning.
Cones and rods cells:
There are two types of light-sensitive cells in the retina: rods and cones. Up to 120 million rods are distributed throughout the retina. Although rods are sensitive to all visible light, they contain only one type of pigment and cannot distinguish colours. They are therefore responsible mainly for night vision. In contrast, the 6.5 million cones provide detailed and colour vision.
Every cone responds to red, green, or blue light, working only in bright light. They are most concentrated in the central part of the retina, the fovea.
You should also read “8 common eye defects”
Now let us see those 10 ways through which you can get back your sharp eyesight back.
Home Remedies to increase Eyesight:
- On a regular basis, massage your feet soles with mustard oil before going to bed. Early morning, make it a habit to walk on green tender grass.
- Take a pinch of alum and mix in rose-water. Before going to bed, put 3-4 drops of this in both the eyes. Also apply cow ghee on your leg soles. It will help to reduce the number of your spectacles in just few uses.
- Mix amla powder in water and rinse your eyes with this, it keeps your eyes healthy and clear.
- Take 100 gm of almonds, fennel seeds and crystal sugar or mishri. Grind all these well and take as protein powder with milk, before going to bed.
- If you are having any kind of eye flu like weak eyesight etc, soak 8 almonds overnight and grind in water next morning. Take this on a daily basis, it will keep your eyes healthy and fit.
- Take 2 or 3 raw turmeric and toor dal. Dry in shade and rub to form paste. Before sunset, apply this as kajal. It treats eye flu and also increases eyesight.
- Just after getting up in morning, apply the saliva as kajal. Doing this for 6 months helps to decrease the spectacles number.
- On the sides of your ear, massage with pure cow ghee. It increases the eyesight and keeps your eyes healthy.
- Take a tablespoon of tiphala churna and soak in water for overnigh. Next morning, strain the solution and rinse your eyes with this water. It increases eyesight naturally.
- Practicing anulm vilom pranayama on a daily basis also promotes eyesight, keeping it healthy and clear.
So these were the remedies which you can easily do in daily life. Take care and live well!