Many times you will notice, you feel numbness in your hands and shoulders. This can be due to many factors as well as lack of proper massage. Today we will be telling you about yoga pose Kukkutasana, which is specially meant for this purpose.
What is Kukkutasana?
Kukkutasana; also called cockerel pose is a yoga asana, which gives full pressure on your hands and shoulders. It is made from two words; Kukkut which means cockerel and asana which means pose or position.
English name- Cockerel pose
Steps for Kukkutasana:
- Sit in padmasana pose and put the hands in between the thigh and calf muscles. .
- Now rest them on the ground.
- Inhale and put pressure on the palms to lift the body up to the elbows, above the ground.
- When tired, slowly come down to the normal pose.
- Repeat this for 3-4 times, as per your capacity.
Benefits of Kukkutasana:
- Doing this regularly, makes the nerves of your hands and shoulders stronger.
- It strengthens the abdominal muscles, making it fit and healthier.
- Regular practice of the asana, stimulates mooladhara chakra.
- It also develops the sense of balance, thus making you able of any hard work.
Now let us see what are the caution and precautions, one should know before doing this.
- People with weak wrists, or any kind of injury in wrists should strictly avoid this. As this pays focus on your hands, it can result in severe damage.
- If your body is quite hairy, then you may feel little hectic to do this. You can apply some water on the legs so that it gets easier to do the asana.
- If you having heart problem or digestion related disorder, then do not perform this.
This was the wholesome view of Kukkutasana. Hope you like the article, share it to all and do share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!