Table of Contents
Fruits are the most ancient edibles, known to human beings. Today we will be talking about a fruit, which is simply miracle in itself. It is called Avocado fruit.
Appearance of Avocado fruit:
The avocado is a large fleshy, pear-shaped berry fruit. It has single large seed surrounded by buttery pulp and a hard skin. It is yellowish-green to maroon and purple in color.
The avocado tree is evergreen, which has shallow-root without any hairs on it. It has spirally arranged leaves and also bears fragrant yellowish flowers.
- Indian names- Kulu Naspati and Makhanphal
- Botanical name- Persea americana
- Other names- Alligator pear, Butter fruit
Cultivation of Avocado:
The avocado was originated in Central America. The fruit was introduced in Mauritius in 1780 and it spread in Asia mostly in the mid-19th century.
Avocados are now grown in most tropical and subtropical countries, including South Africa and Australia.
Food value of Avocado fruit:
- The avocado contains more fat than any other fruit, except the olive.
- Its fat is of the highest quality.
- It also contains a sufficient amount of Vitamin A which maintains resistance against bacterial infection.
- Avocado fruit is rich in Vitamin A, E, C, calcium, phosphorus, Iron and other nutritive elements.
- The protein of avocado is of the finest quality and is much superior than any cereal food.
- Avocado is the fruit, which can be easily given to infants and kids; it has no other effects in it.
- It closely resembles to the milk, and can also be said as the complete food.
- Avocado is highly beneficial for skin and hairs.
Now, we shall be moving to the health benefits of Avocado. So guys, get ready to be amazed of the health and healing benefits of avocado fruit.
Health benefits of Avocado fruit:
11) Relieves Psoriasis
Avocado oil is very effective cure for skin diseases like psoriasis. It should be applied gently on the affected area. In few uses, it helps to take off dry scales thus maintaining the moisture of the skin and treating it.
22) Treats Stomach related disorders
Stomach problems such as indigestion, ulcers, colitis, heartburnings etc can be cured using Avocado. Many of the countries, uses the blend of avocado with several fruits, to heal severe problems like duodenal cancer, ulcers etc.
The smoothie of avocado and papaya, is highly beneficial in curing digestion related problems.
33) As a Beauty aid
The oil extracted from avocado is very good to treat, several beauty issues. You can use the pulp as face mask and hair mask.
44) Keeps your Heart healthy
Avocado fruit is rich in oleic acid, monosaturated fatty acids and other healthy oils. The fruit contains healthy fats in it which is vital, to keep your heart healthy.
One should include avocado oil in their diet, in order to stay healthy and fit.
55) Aids in Weight loss
The smooth and creamy texture of avocado, contains a very few calories in it. It is highly packed with fibers, thus a very good thing for weight loss.
If you eat a medium-sized avocado, you will feel full. A person willing to loose weight must include avocado in their diet.
In this way we saw the health benefits of avocado fruit. isn’t it a miracle fruit. Give it a try and share your experiences with us. Take care and live well!