A slipped disc known as a prolapsed or herniated disc – occurs when one of the discs that sit between the bones of the spine is damaged and presses on the nerves. For the treatment, physiotherapy is very important which consists of Yoga, exercises certain massages, body frictions. Today we will be talking about a Yogasana which is well-applicable and good to cure uc problems. It is Yogasana to cure Slipped discs- Scorpion pose or Vrischikasana.
The pose focuses on the back, hips, abdomen, and legs and is effective in toning the body. Since this is an advanced pose, it is recommended that you check with your doctor first before attempting it. Also, consult a yoga professional to teach you the steps in a systematic manner. It is categorized under the tough yogasanas and is quite difficult to be done. The Scorpion Yoga Pose is classified as a back-bend inversion yoga asana. If you want to take your yoga workout to an advanced level, then Scorpion Yoga Pose will give you the challenge that you’ve been yearning for.
Performing a few warm-up poses before attempting the Scorpion Yoga Pose may prevent muscle injuries and leave you well prepared for the challenging yoga sequence. Today we will learn about Scorpion pose in detail.
What is Scorpion pose?
Scorpion pose is also known as Vrischikasana. It is made from the two Hindi/Sanskrit words called Vrischik which means ‘a scorpion or bicchu’ and Asana which means ‘pose or posture’. In this your body looks like a scorpion itself; as this time your legs becomes its hood and the ankle resembles the Telson or Tail.
Now, let us move to the steps of Vrischikasana and how to do it correctly. Guys, be sure and compatible before doing this, as being high in toughness it can even gift you injuries if not done correctly or done on your own.
Steps for Vrischikasana or Scorpion pose:-
- Position yourself in the mayurasana pose (Forearm Stand) on the yoga mat.
- Slowly bend your knees and raise your head.
- Gradually bring your body into a deep back-bend by lowering your feet towards your head.
- When you practice the Scorpion Yoga Pose sequence it’s difficult to keep your knees together, but make an effort to keep your toes together at least.
- Maintain the scorpion yoga pose for at least 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Benefits of Scorpion pose or Vrischikasana:-
- It improves flexibility and mobility of your body.
- It also Enhances the body’s sense of balance and stability.
- The Vrischikasana is a great way to strengthen your torso and back and get rid of stubborn fat from these areas.
- This inverted posture allows blood to rush in to the brain. Thus, it can help to improve memory and concentration.
- When performed properly under the guidance of a trained instructor, it may also be used to treat back problems such as slipped discs.
- It also helps to release stress that accumulates in the shoulders and the spine.
Precautions and cautions for Vrischikasana:-
There are certain cautions, contradictions and precautions which must be kept in mind before doing the Vrishchikasana;
- You should not perform this pose if you suffer from any hip or back problems.
- If you have a history of heart disease, it is best to avoid this posture.
- People who have high blood pressure or suffer from vertigo should also avoid performing the Scorpion Pose.
- Only attempt Scorpion pose under the guidance of a yoga teacher if it’s your first time and you are new to the pose.
Scorpion pose really transforms your body to the perfect and the best one.We all know that our body and health is our biggest treasure. Keep it healthy and fit with Scorpion pose. Take care and live well!
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.