After eating fruits, we generally throw its peel in dustbin. We consider those as a waste, but those are really useful. Today we will be telling you how to use citrus fruit peels, at your home and for garden purpose. You will really be amazed by the thing, and will never throw those peels away.
Citrus peels can be used in myriad ways instead of simply tossing them out or composting them. In a household that consumes many oranges, lemons, grapefruit, tangelo, and other citrus, making use of the peels can save you money and produce some wonderful results.
Citrus fruits are one of the richest sources of Vitamin C. They are must for a healthy body and also boosts immunity. Even the fruit peels to have a lot of properties in it. Now, let us discuss 5 ways to use Citrus fruit peels.
How to use citrus fruit peels at home and garden-
- Peel a lemon and use it to bathe yourself in the shower. It leaves your body and hair smelling fresh and clean.
- Infuse lemon peel in your tea to add a delicious lemony taste.
- Citrus peels such as peel of lemon work well for roasting chicken. Put peel into the chicken and roast. You will find a great smelling and good tasting chicken.
- Lemon peel can be used is garnishing cocktails and also in salads.
- Add some citrus peels to your tea to give an extra citrus kick.
- Put some lemon peel into a coffee stained mug, add some warm water and allow to sit for a few hours. Pour away and then scrub and the coffee stains should disappear!
- Place lemon peels by windows, door frames or cracks where ants and other pests can enter. Lemon is a natural ant deterrent and can also help to keep roaches and fleas away.
- Simmering citrus peels, plus other herbs and spices in water on the stove is a great way to add a beautiful aroma to your home. Try orange peels, cloves and cinnamon sticks for a warming aroma.
- Lemons contain alpha-hydroxy acids which are responsible for lemons ability to brighten skin. Try making this lemon peel scrub and use it to brighten your skin.
- Rub a wedge of lemon onto your nails to whiten them.
- Dried peels of lemon make a nice addition to your basic cup of black tea!
These were some of the very beneficial and efficient way of using Citrus fruit peels. Now you don’t need to throw those peels away, just use them efficiently! Isn’t it money save trick! Use it and save a lot of money with health benefits. Take care and live well