Introduction– Nasal passage has superior, inferior and middle turbinate bone and maxillary bone. The function of these bones is to obstruct the foreign particles to enter.. When immunity of person is weak, small particles like- dust, pollen, dirt, bacteria enter the nasal passage and cause irritation and inflammation.Allergic Rhinitis is caused by the inflammation of inner lining of nose by allergens like- pollen, dust, mites etc. Patient may have sensitivity to a particular allergen. Weak immunity leads to allergy. Immune system of an individual reacts with allergen producing antibody releasing histamine and chemical catalyst acts as defense.
Modern medicine has no cure for allergy but Ayurvedic treatment can cure it easily without any side effect. This condition is 100% curable according to Ayurveda.
Classification of Rhinitis:
- Allergic Rhinitis– It occurs due to weak immune system and due to allergens like- pollen, dust, mites etc.
- Non- Allergic Rhinitis– There is no allergy due to pollen, dust, mites etc. There is runny nose and nasal blockage throughout the year.
According to Ayurveda Allergic rhinitis is compared with Vata-Kapha pratishaya. The concept of Ama(toxins) and Virudhaahara(incompatible foods like- fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals etc.) leads to allergic rhinitis.
What are the symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis?
- Continuous sneezing
- Runny nose for a long period of time
- Mild fever
- Tear in eyes
- Congestion of nose
What are the causes of Allergic Rhinitis?
- External factors like- pollen, dust etc.
- Residing with pet animals
- Weak digestion
- Wrong food combinations
- Exposure to humidity, dust, cold
- Depleted immunity due to long intake of drugs
Diet– Light food, lukewarm water, little spicy food must be taken. Avoid fermented food, too hot or too cold food, non-vegetariann food, sweets, banana, curd, yogurt, ice creams, cakes, alcohol, cold beverages.
Home Remedies for Allergic Rhinitis
- To half-litre of water, add 2 gm salt and 1 tsp turmeric, boil it for 10 minutes and take it regularly.
- Take tea of basil leaf and mint leaf.
- Chew clove and black pepper
- Take 6 cloves and 6 black pepper and 1 tsp of turmeric powder and take it with honey.
- Always keep clove and black pepper with you. Immediately keep 2 pieces of it in mouth when you feel attack.
There are various Ayurvedic medicines available for Allergic Rhinitis
Ayurvedic Medicine for Allergic Rhinitis
Planet Ayurveda offers Allergy care pack which is useful in both allergy and asthma as both of these are inter-related. There are specific herbs in Ayurveda that can eliminate and reduce the symptoms and thus eradicating the disease. Allergy care pack of Ayurveda contains such herbs. These herbs break the mucus plugs and dissolve them and makes it easy to cough them out of the lungs. These remove toxins from within as well as fight allergic chemicals causing allergy or irritation to the lungs.
- Aller-G-care Capsules
- Prannashak Churana
- Curcumin Capsules
- Tulsi Capsules
1. Aller-G-care Capsules
Dosage– 2 capsules twice daily with plain water.
It consists of best anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory herbs. It is a blend of Haridra(Turmeric), Neem, Shirish and Ashwgandha. This formula is particular an effective natural remedy for pollen allergy.
- Haridra(Curcuma longa)– It is anti-inflammatory, anti-allergy, analgesic. It is nature’s best herbal remedy for chronic allergies. Because of its hotness, it balances Vata and kapha.
- Neem(Azadirachta indica)-Neem is generally regarded as dispensary of Indian villages. It is best antiseptic and disinfectant. It is used for skin allergies and is an excellent blood purifier. Its root, bark, stem, flower, seeds are used for various medicinal purposes.
- Shirish– It is analgesic, astringent, anti-poison herb. It relieves inflammation, relieves cold and cough and brings about quick wound healing, useful in asthma, wheezing, breathing difficulty. It has anti-allergic activity.
- Ashwagandha– It improves strength, it is Balya(group of herbs to improve strength and immunity), Brimhaneeya(group of herbs to improve body mass and provides nourishment).
Dosage– 1 tsp full twice daily with plain water after meals.
Prannashak Churan is prepared by the combination of herbs like- Cinnamomum zeylanica, Albezzia lebbock, Adhatoda vasica, Tylophora asthmatics, Glycorrhiza glabra. Prannashak Churna is an excellent herbal remedy which gives results within 15 days if taken regularly.
- Cinnamon(Cinnamomum zeylanica)– It relieves throat and oral pain, useful in rhinitis, relieves cough with sputum. It cleanses throat and improves voice.
- Shirish(Albezzia lebbock)– It is used to remove accumulated toxins within the body.
- Vasaka(Adhatoda vasica)– It is a wonderful herb which is used for treating asthma, bronchitis and excess mucous condition. It balances Kapha and Pitta. It is bitter, coolant and pungent. It is useful in chronic respiratory conditions and good for throat.
- Anantmool(Tylophora asthmatics)– It is anti-pyretic and has anti-asthmatic properties.
- Licorice(Glycerrhiza glabra)– It helps to maintain estrogen levels in the body. It helps to overcome the effects of stress and fatigue.
Dosage– 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals
Haridra(Curcumin longa)– Turmeric is one of the best spices to treat allergic rhinitis. It is useful in running nose and upper respiratory tract infection. It is anti-inflammatory, useful in swelling, pain, cleanses and heals the wounds. Because of its hotness, it balances Vata and Kapha. Because of its dryness, bitter and pungent taste, it balances Pitta. Hence, it balances all the three doshas.
Dosage– 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
Tulsi(Ocimum sanctum)– There is no other herb equivalent to this. It balances Vata and Kapha dosha, useful to relieve excess sputum production, anti-microbial. It is one of the best anti-viral herbs of Ayurveda. It is useful in cough, cold, asthma, chronic respiratory disorders. It boosts immunity.
Products of Planet Ayurveda for Allergic Rhinitis are completely safe, pure and vegetarian. There is no cure of Allergic rhinitis in modern medicine but in Ayurveda it can be cured completely.