For a healthy and nourished baby, it is important to breastfeed them at least for 6 months. Many times, lack of milk supply or poor milk can lead to several health issues. Today we will be telling you 5 foods to increase and improve lactation.
In olden days, mothers used to carry lactation period for more than 3 years. Thus the babies were always healthy and free from health issues.
But in today world, this lactation period has decreased to less than 1 year. This becomes the starting point of all sorts of health problems.
Let us know about some of the foods which are meant to increase and improve lactation.
5 Foods to increase and improve Lactation:
1. Nuts and Dry fruits-
A lactating mother should always include dry fruits and nuts in her daily diet. During post pregnancy, there are hormonal imbalance that takes place in your body.
Nuts and dry fruits help to balance your body needs and provides energy. It also improves lactation, with daily use.
2. Poppy seeds or Khas Khas-
A nursing mother must include poppy seeds in her diet. It boosts milk production and also improves its constitency. It has sedative properties in it, which calms and relax your body.
You can make tikki, porridges or puddings of it.
3. Fenugreek seeds or Methi-
Methi seeds are known as best milk booster. Chew some sprouted fenugreek seeds or include this in your daily diet. It enhances the milk supply and also improves its quality.
4. Cow milk–
Cow milk is rich in calcium and essential nutrients in it. It is also called ‘complete food’. A lactating mother must include 2-3 glasses of cow milk in her diet.
Make milk as an essential ingredient of your diet. It is an important thing to promote lactation.
5. Fruit juices-
Freshly extracted fruit juices are rich in vitamins and minerals. It also prevents dehydration, thus a very important thing for lactating mother. It also replaces fluid lost during lactation.
These were the 5 foods which must be there in a lactating mother’s diet. Now we shall be telling you some of the important tips for a lactating mother.
Tips for a lactating mother:
- A lactating mother should avoid extra spicy food, specially red chillies.
- Foods such as tamarind and sour items should be limited.
- Lactating mother should also increase the amount of ghee, butter and other healhy fats in her diet.
In this way we saw the things about lactation. Hope you like the post. Share it to all and do not forget to leave a comment below. Take care and live well!
Read More :
- 12 Health benefits of Asparagus
- Tips for new mums for introducing solids to your baby
- 5 Health benefits of Cheese which should be known to all
- What is Diabetes and Diabetes in Ayurveda
- 4 Refreshing Diabetic Drinks to quench Thirst and Dryness
- 5 Health Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds
- 5 Healthiest Cheese Types
- Brainy walnut and its medicinal benefits
- Benefits of Afeem (Papavar Somniferum)
- Top 7 Home remedies for Leucorrhoea
- 8 Things that we think as Superstitions but are actually not
She is a learner and health conscious person. She is always interested in seeking knowledge regarding Ayurveda, herbal medicine and Yoga to cure any health ailments naturally.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Alternative Medicine and interested in Naturopathy.