In the present date, 8 out of 10 pregnant woman has to face Caesarean section. This has become very common among every place, whether it is a metropolitan city or a small town; C-section has become common everywhere. No one wants to face this procedure, as it has many side-effects and difficulties too. Our concerned topic will be on Caesarean section over Normal delivery. So all upcoming mommies, here is a very nice article for you all. Here we will be describing about Caesarean section and some methods to overcome it.
In this present article, we will be talking the following points listed as below-
- What is Caesarean section?
- Factors that causes Caesarean delivery
- Side-effects of Caesarean delivery
- Caesarean section vs Normal delivery
- Methods for healthy and normal delivery
All these points will clear all your doubts in Pregnancy topic. So let us begin our discussion.
What is Caesarean section?
Let us clear our basic information for Caesarean section. When the fetus is fully developed for 9 months, then it comes for the time of delivery. In the Caesarean form of delivery, surgical process is involved and is same like operating your body. A caesarean section is an operation during which an obstetrician makes a cut through your belly and uterus (womb), to allow your baby to be born.
Factors that causes Caesarean delivery:-
There can be many reasons behind the surgical process of delivery; many times it is also done due to the money-motive as this process is much expensive than normal delivery. The reasons for needing a caesarean section vary, because every pregnancy and birth is different.
Some factors behind Caesarean section is given below-
- Your labour is long and slow (failure to progress) as your cervix isn’t opening enough to allow your baby to move down the birth canal.
- Your baby becomes distressed during labour.
- Premature delivery; which means if your labor pain has started early.
- Position of the fetus is also an important reason. If the bay is horizontal or if is facing backwards then there can be the need of C-section.
- Anaemic mother
- Other health issues such as STD’s infections and many more.
- The obstetrician feels that the baby’s health might suffer if born vaginally.
- The fetus’s heartbeat slows abnormally or becomes irregular (in which case the obstetrician will perform an emergency C-section instead of taking the chance of allowing labor to progress).
Side-effects of Caesarean delivery:-
For many women, c-section delivery can be preferable as it is free from labor pain and other discomforts. At the mean time, it also hands you a lot of problems related to future references. Here we will be telling you about some side-effects and complications related to caesarean delivery.
- Bowel problems, such as constipation or when the intestines stop moving waste material normally (ileus).
- Breaking open of the incision scar during a later pregnancy or labor (uterine rupture).
- Placenta previa, the growth of the placenta low in the uterus, blocking the cervix.
- After c-section, the lady has to stay in complete bed rest which is minimal for 3 months.
- Most often back pain happens due to epidural anesthesia. But it can also happen due to the stitches. Every time you laugh or cough, you are straining your stitches. That can also lead to back pain.
- In case of babies, they also has to suffer a lot. Their body is colder wile delivery as compared to the normal ones.
- A white kind of viscous liquid which is found in vagina, helps the baby to stay prevented from certain major diseases. In C-section, babies don’t receive but in normal delivery their body is coated with it.
Caesarean section vs Normal delivery:-
Now, we shall be comparing what are the differences between C-section and Normal delivery. This thing will really change your mind, and especially of those who are thinking c-section to be the safe and the easiest one.
While in most cases vaginal delivery is the most natural and uncomplicated way to deliver a baby, more and more women are opting for Cesarean Sections. Today C-sections make up about 30% of all births. Since every woman can choose how they would like their delivery, it is important to understand the risks and advantages of both options.
- Babies born via natural process tend to have less health complications and allergies, whereas those of c-section can have problems like respiratory disorders, low immune balance, certain allergies and many more.
- A woman gone through c-section in unable to breastfeed for a long time, this also effects the bonding of mother and the baby.
- Although c-section is good if the baby is too large or you are having twins, but it decreases the chances of any vaginal delivery in future.
- As c-section is the major surgery, so it also implies with certain infections, health risks and many other discomforts.
Through the above points, you must be known how normal delivery is better than the c-section. So let us now move to our next para.
Methods of healthy and Normal delivery:-
Now, we will tell you some of the ways and ideas how to prepare your body for Normal delivery. If you are prepared, since you have conceived then the chances of c-sections, is decreased to a great extent. The motive of all tips are a healthy baby and healthy mother at the end of pregnancy. So let us begin our discussion.
- To make your body prepared, you need to tone your pelvic muscles and all other muscles so that your body is able is absorb the contractions and labor.
- Some warm-ups is necessary, with minor exercises where thighs and lower portion is involved. Make sure that your belly don’t face any pain or discomfort.
- Get adequate sleep — at least eight hours a night. If you’re suffering from sleep disturbances, take naps during the day and see your physician for advice.
- Eat five or six well-balanced meals each day. You diet should be mild and rich in protein, iron, fibres and such other.
- Try to stay happy and cheerful always, it is one of the best way to tone-up your overall body.
- Drink plenty of fluids — at least eight to 10 glasses a day — avoiding caffeine and artificial colouring.
- Take a prenatal vitamin with iron and folic acid every day.
Through all these measures, the thing is sure; follow these and put your mindset for the normal procedure. So, have a healthy pregnancy and stay well.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.