Table of Contents
Many of the yoga poses have got their name with resemblance to certain animals, birds, objects and many other things. Each of them has their own benefits and steps to do. As a fact, Yogasanas are meant for the goodness of mankind. Those who perform it are benefited not only physically but also mentally. Here, we will be talking about a Yoga pose which looks little similar as Chakrasana. It is called Ustrasana.
What is Ustrasana:-
To look good is the desire of everyone, through the yoga poses one can achieve a fit and slim body structure. The name Ustrasana is derived from two Sanskrit words; Ustra which means ‘a camel’ and asana which means ‘pose or posture’. In this, your body looks similar as those of camel; that is why it is named so. It is a back bending yoga pose which is quite tougher but gets easy with a regular practice. This asana looks quite similar to Chakrasana; just here is no pressure of legs; if you raise and curve your legs then you will get into chakrasana pose.
Steps for Ustrasana:-
You can follow the steps given below, to do this asanas properly. In addition, for your convenience a picture is given which shows the steps of Ustrasana-
- Sit on knees and bend backwards.
- Hold right ankles or heel with right hand and left ankle or heel with left hand.
- Now bend your neck and head backwards as much as you can and push waist area slightly forward.
- Breathing should be normal for 6 to 10 seconds in this position.
- After 6 to 10 seconds return to the first position by bending forward.
- After that, release your hands from heels.
- This is your one round of Ustrasana. Repeat this for some more rounds as per your convenience.
Benefits of Ustrasana:-
This yogasana has many benefits; some of them are listed below-
- It increases your lung capacity thus making your breathing well.
- It brings flexibility in abdomen, neck and chest region.
- It also cures infection related to trachea and larynx.
- It develops the thoracic cage and renders the spinal column.
- It regenerates your kidneys and improves its functioning.
- It massages your abdominal organs and cures the problems related to it.
- It provides you a sense of balance and improves your flexibility.
Contradictions related to Ustrasana:-
This asana is beneficial but in some cases it becomes quite wrong and increases the fatality of certain diseases. Some of its contradictions are listed below-
- People suffering from neck and back injury should avoid it.
- Those with stiffness in neck and has undergone to internal organ surgery should avoid this.
- People with migraine and low blood pressure should avoid this.
- Those who are suffering from Insomnia should not go with this.
So, in this way we saw the details of Ustrasana; who should perform and who should avoid this. If you really want to keep your fit and active always; then must go with yogasanas. Take care and live well!