Table of Contents
Hundreds of years ago, dates are well known for healing properties. We all love to eat this sweet dark fruit. There are almost 25-30 kinds of dates found all around the world. They are soft, dry, and semi-dry. It is said that Iraq has more than 100 kinds of dates available. Dates are a good source of vitamins, minerals, energy, fiber, iron, and calcium. Dates have been considered as the staple food in the middle eastern countries. Why should you add dates to your diet? This article will discuss the benefits briefly:
- Lower cholesterol
- High protein
- Strengthen your bones
- Accelerates your thinking
- Ease the digestion
- Improves the skin tone
When you are craving for something sweet, don’t go for any unhealthy options which are high in calories and sugar rather chose dates. These fruits are high in ‘natural sugar ‘that gives you instant energy.
The combination of magnesium, zinc, and copper makes them a superfood for strengthening bones. This superfood also helps in strengthening muscle fibers.
100 grams of serving dates provides the following nutrients:
- Calories-277 calories/100 gram
- Protein-2 gram
- Fiber-7 grams
Health benefits of eating Dates
Dates For Digestion
- Fiber can be beneficial for your digestive system by preventing constipation. Fiber in dates may be helpful for blood sugar control.
- Dates contain several types of antioxidants which help to prevent certain chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- It promotes brain health. Dates are helpful for lowering inflammation and preventing forming plagues in the brain.
- Dates are also helpful in pregnancy. Eating these fruits in the last few weeks of pregnancy may promote cervical dilation and helpful for reducing labor time.
- There are many different ways to eat dates. You can eat normally and also use with your desired recipes and smoothies.
- Dates are considered extremely healthy fruit with full of nutrients and anti-oxidants which provide you overall benefits and improve digestion.
Dates are definitely worth it to add them in your diet. If you are:
- You are an iron-deficient, dates are a great source to help.
- If you want to put on some muscle mass, go for dates because they increase your body weight also.
Although dates have plenty of benefits, yet not free from demerits. Great care should be taken while buying dates. You should intake dates in moderation and enjoy as a part of a healthy and balanced diet to maximize health benefits.
Dates have great benefits for your baby also. You can give your baby after six months or as soon as you start giving semi-solid foods. Introduce his super fruit slowly and preferably in mashed and pureed form. Check for two/three days ,if the baby is comfortable with the food.
Dates are a good source of minerals like vitamins iron, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. These nutrients balance the diet of a growing baby. It helps in brain development. The amount of nutrients present in dates enables a baby’s overall cognitive development. It helps in liver protection. It is a great remedy for dysentery.
More Benefits of Dates
- Boosts immune system
- Improves vision
- Relieve constipation
- Improves hemoglobin
- Improves body weight
Can order from Amazon : Dates (We may get referral from this link, Thanks)